Car Hire

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sal
Tuesday 27 July 2004 11.58am
Does anyone know where I can hire a car at a reasonable price over Bank Holiday??
Tuesday 27 July 2004 12.11pm
There's that car rental place (run out of the old filling station) opposite where Harper Rd meets Borough High St/Newington Causeway (diagonally opposite the Balti House).

They look sufficiently low rent to have a chance of being cheap.

Good luck and (please) let us know when you find somewhere. I bet there's a few people on here who'd like to know. I would.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 27 July 2004 12.28pm

You mean CarPoint. I hired a van there once - did the job and very cheap.

They get fully booked at weekends, so if you want one for then, book early.

Regards,

Loafer
Sal
Tuesday 27 July 2004 12.35pm
I looked on the net for CarPoint but they seem to only buy and sell. I have looked at Thrifty they have good deal's and also Sixt.com (they are based in Vauxhall) but are cheap aswel. I will keep looking and let you know if I find anything else.
Tuesday 27 July 2004 12.35pm
have you tried Sixt (www.e-sixt.com), in Vauxhall - they do Smart cars for 5 a day (haven't tried them yet but am thinking of doing so). Car Point on the corner of Borough Road will probably be a bit pricey for the bank holiday weekend. There is also a Thrifty on Tower Bridge Road, who are reasonable, or Easyrentacar in St Catherine's Dock but their prices go up closer to the rental period so will probably be fairly expensive now for the bank holiday, though still cheaper than Car Point I would think.
Tuesday 27 July 2004 12.51pm
i've hired a car from car point and they were very good the price was cheap and a very new car which was very clean
Tuesday 27 July 2004 1.05pm
I have used Car Point a few times, no problems, newish vehicles, better rates than the national companies certainly. booking ahead for weekend hires very good advice...

Carpoint Vehicle Hire Ltd,
69 Borough Rd,
London SE1 1DN
020 74031314

mark
Tuesday 27 July 2004 1.06pm
I've hired several vans from Car Point, or rather Van Point, who were excellent. Their vans were NOT brand new, and they were relaxed about little scrapes.

I suggest you look in the phone book & ring around for some quotes. IThere's somebody called Rent a Wreck in Bexleyheath who do older cars for 16 per day. http://www.cars4rent.co.uk/cars.html

Tuesday 27 July 2004 1.54pm
Not SE1 but near enough theres an Eurocar just off Tower Hillnear Lehman Street,
Tuesday 27 July 2004 8.14pm
We've used carpoint too - very, very reasonable, and the guy there is lovely - I have to visit my grandmother in chesterfield every second weekend, which entails an awful trail up the m1, and regular traffic jams - he once waited for me until 7.45pm, and then didn't charge me a penny extra!!!! You don't get customer service like that too often in this village.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: