Gay bar in Bermondsey st

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 1 of 9
Wednesday 28 July 2004 10.55am
Does anyone know if there are plans for a Gay bar in Bermondsey st? I live on Tower Bridge rd & would like one as my local, as well as the "str8" bar Hartleys I go to.

Darryl xXx
Wednesday 28 July 2004 11.47am

Darryl,

A lot of the bars around Bermondsey St are gay friendly anyway, particularly The Garrison and The Bermondsey Kitchen.

There is also Simon the Tanner on Long Lane, literally just around the corner from Bermondsey St. Although lacking in a huge rainbow flag fluttering in the breeze the landlord always gives me a nice smile, there is Betty Boo memorabilia everywhere, Kama Sutra freezes in the toilets and Dusty on the stereo.

You can work out the rest.......

Dan
Wednesday 28 July 2004 12.12pm
Not to mention some very cute clientele @ Simon the Tanner...
Wednesday 28 July 2004 1.27pm

Ahhhh thanks Steven..I've seen you looking.
Wednesday 28 July 2004 2.39pm
Damn! Caught out again!

*thread gets moved to chatter*
Thursday 29 July 2004 6.56pm
Hi Dan,
Yes I've seen Simon the Tanner Bar, never thought it was "Gay friendly" when I look in as I walk pass their always seems to be "working men" or "football supporters" in there, yeah your right it must be gay,lol.
I'll have to take a look one night, got my B/friend down from Manc this weekend so we'll pop in.

Cheers

Darryl xXx
Friday 30 July 2004 7.03am
I have heard that The Fort on Grange Road is quite Gay friendly...
Friday 30 July 2004 8.21am
The Fort! Thats a little too gay friendly for me, besides they have no toilets, YUK! ( so a friend told me)

Darryl xXx

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 30 July 2004 8.22am by Darryl.
Friday 30 July 2004 9.31am
Oh let's not start another discussion about The Fort - we all know it's vile. Full stop.
Friday 30 July 2004 10.54am
I think you'll find that the Bridge House is pretty gay friendly as well.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 1 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: