Book Discussion Group

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 11 June 2002 11.02am
Is anyone interested in getting together to discuss a book about once a month? Three of us - one in Bankside and two near Tower Bridge - are looking for other enthusiastic and thoughtful readers to select a book to read, then meet to compare impressions, etc.

It may be that a couple of groups evolve based upon different tastes...

Anyone interested in coming to a preliminary meeting should e-mail me directly.

Best wishes,
Cate
Wednesday 12 June 2002 2.47pm
I'd be interested. How does one e-mail someone directly?
Wednesday 12 June 2002 3.09pm
Click on their name (above each message)
Monday 17 June 2002 10.49am
Cate,

The most recent issue of Southwark Life (?) had an article about book groups in it, and had details of established groups in the area. If this is of interest and you haven't got a copy of he magazine I'll see if I've still go my copy for you.

Jo Jo
Monday 17 June 2002 10.55am
Might be worth looking at the Southwark Life website - <a href="http://www.southwark.gov.uk/southwarklife/">www.southwark.gov.uk/southwarklife</a>
Monday 17 June 2002 11.39am
Hello James and Jo Jo -

Yes, I saw the article - a nice one - but have decided to form a group more convenient to those of us living on the north end of Southwark. Our first /preliminary meeting will be on Tuesday, July 2 at 7 p.m. Several people have e-mailed me to indicate their interest and I will e-mail details to them directly in the next day or two. Anyone who would like to come should e-mail me (categoethals@yahoo.com).

Best wishes,
Cate
Monday 24 June 2002 8.22pm
Hi cate....

this sounds interesting - I've emailed you for more details...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: