Hablamos Espanol (un pocito)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Thursday 29 July 2004 1.21pm
I'm looking for a informal (ish) Spanish conversation evening, where it doesn't matter how rubbish you are, but everyone has a go... A friend and I are learning and would love to get more practise in. Does anyone know of such a thing, or would anyone be interested in starting one? Vino tinto y tapas incluido, naturalmente...
Thursday 29 July 2004 7.20pm
Hola pockettiger, como esta?. Me llamo phoney.
I speak English , Spanish (bastante bien) and Rubbish.
Hay una tienda de comestibles por aqui?
I got the Espana Viva course from John Harvard and copied the books by hand into some notepads. It's amazing how much you retain and I copied the CD's onto cassettes and listen to them regularly.

Mind you, unless you go off the beaten track in Spain, everywhere you'll see
'English spoken here, full english breakfast, bingo tonight'. Where's the fun of travel in that!
Thursday 29 July 2004 9.56pm
We live in London's Latin Quarter, why not go to the Lain music festival in Burgess Park? You can practise your Spanish on all the stallholders, or try the various restaurants and shops in the area.
Thursday 29 July 2004 10.29pm
Hola! I'd be interested in joining in, although I'm completely rubbish - I've started a beginners class twice now, but with various responsibilities, kept missing classes. Am attempting self study, but would be great to have informal nights with other learners.
Friday 30 July 2004 10.05am
I'm definitely up for the festival - especially having just found the website:

Friday 30 July 2004 10.33am
Maybe a few of us can meet up and go together?
Monday 2 August 2004 11.07pm
muy bien!!
me gusta ver interes por el español,
......sobretodo si es latino!!!
Tuesday 3 August 2004 11.28am
We are thinking of meeting up at the Tapas bar on the Cut on Thursday the 12th August, for Spanish conversation and a glass of wine. I can't remember the name of the tapas bar though.... Is anyone else up for it on that date?
Thursday 5 August 2004 5.42pm
I've e:mailed you privately, but just in case it doesn't come through, I'm up for the tapas place on the 12th. What time are you thinking?
Friday 6 August 2004 3.48pm
(Got your mail, thanks Claire) We thinking about 7:30. There are six of us so far; if anyone else wants to join us, do feel free. The restaurant is Meson Don Felipe (http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/view.php?venueid=52).

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 6 August 2004 4.19pm by pockettiger.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: