Tesco Home Shopping

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sal
Friday 30 July 2004 2.47pm
I used this service last week and did not recieve half of my shopping, has any one else had the same problem???
rm
Friday 30 July 2004 3.22pm
a long time ago. Never used them since.

Ocado are good.
Friday 30 July 2004 4.23pm
It's true. Toscos are officially rubbish, see

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/11967

in order to carry on contributing to this forum you MUST use Waitrose at Canary Wharf :0)

[I still think Sainsbury's are pretty good for internet/delivery shopping, but don't tell anyone in case my SouthbanksideCentralSoBo trendy rating goes (even further) down]

...if you press it, they will come.
th
Friday 30 July 2004 4.36pm
Had my first Ocado experience this week - it was fantastic, love the colour coded bags, the delivery was really prompt and there was only one very little mistake which was taken off my bill immediately.
Only problem I had was the 5 central london delivery charge - I think its a bit unfair to have to pay it when your delivery is between 8-9pm, there's no congestion charge, no parking problems and not much traffic.
I will use it again but only when I really can't get out shopping.
Friday 30 July 2004 7.24pm
Had the same problem with Tesco. Check your credit card statement for the refund, because they had that wrong too.
Saturday 31 July 2004 2.05pm
I trailled all the home delivery services over a couple of weeks. Can confirm that Sainsburys and Tosco are rubbish. Also took issue with Sains about their cavalier use of carrier bags - almost every item was delivered in its own individual bag -aw bless.
Ocado are fab - I urge everyone to register online and then not use them for a week or two - they will then email you with an enticement money-off voucher. Also they do a great thing where they email you to say they'll be in your area and if you order, they waive delivery fee. Agree that cong charge fiver is a bit rubbish though, when delivering out of hours.
Saturday 31 July 2004 6.15pm
Ocado rule!!

Tesco really really hacked me off and although I used to love their service when it first started, i will never use it again.
Sainsbury's is not great either, too many bags, odd substitutions etc.
I urge you to use ocado, its the future of internet shopping for me

Jo.
Saturday 31 July 2004 9.20pm
Had a delivery from Tesco yesterday - came 20 mins into the delivery slot, and everything I ordered was there. I think they're great.

I am now going to remove myself from the forum....
Ade
Saturday 31 July 2004 10.39pm
I'm with TLMJJ on this, I've been using Tesco home delivery for ages and am perfectly happy. Although sometimes their choice of "alternative" products (where an item is not available) can be a little creative...

I checked the Ocado site, the choice of products seems a bit limited? One hour delivery slots are good though.

Sunday 1 August 2004 10.55am
I've been using tesco home delivery for about 5 months and have never had problems. The deliveries have always arrived on time and on one occassion when one item was missing I was refunded without any problems. The delivery people have been friendly and helpful, on one occasion I got held up at work and so wasn't at home when they called but the delivery man called round again at the end of the 2 hour time slot which was much appreciated.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: