The Windmill

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 11 June 2002 9.28pm
The Windmill pub on the cut - has anyone eaten there?
Wednesday 12 June 2002 11.01am
Yeah, pretty reasonable Thai food (sort of franchise thing I think). Mind you, I recall that at the time I was so hungry an old shoe with mayo would have done.
Wednesday 12 June 2002 11.05am
cheers for that, will try it tonight
Jolayne
Monday 17 June 2002 4.53pm
Biscuit Boy, how was it?
I have often wandered past without actually going in...
jk
Monday 17 June 2002 5.29pm
I used to live on Union Street and the Windmill was local and a favourite. Now I'm closer to Tower Bridge, it's more of a trek, but still worth it.

It's got great Thai food, good beer (Spitfire) and a laid back atmosphere. On the downside, it can be smokey and noisy (no carpet). I recommend giving it a go.
Wednesday 19 June 2002 12.51pm
Went yesterday for lunch - the food is fab - set meal for lunch - crispy srping roll s or coconut and galagal soup; red / green / basil leaf curries - all for 6.50. Does an evening menu too - I expect it will get busy and smokey - i syou're looking for somethingelse - the tapas bar at the corner is great - so is Tas which is reliable . The fish restaurant's - the one with black and white tiles - portions are small and the fish I had wasn't so fresh.
Thursday 20 June 2002 2.00am
great place for lunch, go for the spring roll starter though, the soup tends to turn up with the main course.

Tapas bar "Don Felipe" is very good, very busy. Book ahead.
Thursday 20 June 2002 10.22pm
There is another Spanish tapas place round the corner on Gambia St, Mar i Terra. It doesn't have the man with the guitar, but I think it's better food, and on a good night they'll get out the castanets (sp?)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: