Cricket Whites

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 3 August 2004 1.49pm

Hi all,

I am going to a fancy dress / murder mystery party this Saturday night as a Cricketer (a West Indian Cricketer to be more precise). Apparently I am meant to come dressed in all the get-up.

Does anybody know where I can buy cheap Cricket Whites (second hand or otherwise) as I am loathed to by new ones as I doubt very much that I will be wearing them again.

Yours in true desperation

Dan
Tuesday 3 August 2004 1.51pm
A bus went past my office saying that Lillywhites had 50% off all cricket items in their sale - but I suspect their prices were inflated to begin with!
Tuesday 3 August 2004 2.14pm
Ebay - they sell all sorts of second hand clothing, ahem.
Tuesday 3 August 2004 4.10pm
Actually, Lilliwhites has really cheap cricket gear or at least it did last year. I picked up a pair of whites last year for six quid and a cricket shirt for three!
Tuesday 3 August 2004 5.29pm
what about the school clothing department at john lewis? You might find something suitable (and cheap) there...
Tuesday 3 August 2004 9.40pm
Popped into Lillywhites sale on the way to the tube prompted by this.

Unless you are a freakish size, you should be able to pick up a set of whites for less than 15, although they may be a particularly nasty acrylic blend!

Picked up a Slazenger cap for myself for 3 reduced from 10 and a cricket kit holdall with wheels (useful luggage) for 12 reduced from 30
Wednesday 4 August 2004 9.51am

Excellent thanks guys.

Lillywhites here I come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: