Washing machine repairs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 6 August 2004 11.01am
A couple of months after the guarantee has run out, my washing machine has packed in. Zanussi want 75 just to come and look at it. There has got to be somebody local who can fix it, any ideas?
Friday 6 August 2004 11.14am
Friday 6 August 2004 12.40pm
Jan's recommended Cook's Electrical a couple of times before, most recently here, I think.
Friday 6 August 2004 12.52pm
Just dialled the number and got a new one....0208 613 1470....:-)
Friday 6 August 2004 1.32pm
Thanks for the tip, unfortunately, my machine is a top-loading automatic, and Cook's don't do them. Any other suggestions?
Friday 6 August 2004 1.56pm
Zanussi want you to buy a new one?....try a Hoover!
Saturday 7 August 2004 12.43pm
I found this website of recommended tradespeople that looks interesting.

Tuesday 10 August 2004 2.26pm
Thanks for the suggestions, I got a company to agree to come out and repair my machine this morning. I duly took a day off work, only to receive a call from the engineer asking what model I had, after I told him, there was a pause before he said,
"We don't do those."
I'd been assured that they did, by the people in his office.
"Oh yeah, we do, but the bloke who does them is off sick."
After a good deal of growling from me, we agreed that it was a bad idea to come and see me, after which, I took up Mapmaker's suggestion. I pulled my machine apart, cleaned all the cr*p out of it, and it appears to be working again. In the event of this happening to any of you, try and avoid any company that charges a flat call-out rate, I know you may have to pay an hour's labour, but I' ll guess that would be cheaper
Tuesday 10 August 2004 3.54pm
EXCELLENT NEWS!! Your machine is fixed, and now with your new skills you can charge 50 call out fees to other people with broken washers.

{off to check the "how to" site now. see if it has anything about hangover avoidance}

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 8 October 2004 1.08pm

Cheers, I've just found the thread you mentioned, including the Cook's recommendation and your diy fix!

I'll have a fiddle around for the next hour but then I'll have to ring them I'll bet :-(

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: