Ruse Too

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 8 August 2004 10.01am
anyone frequent the "ruse too" pub in law street?
it always seems empty, like a vacant film set....surreal.
it's got a big garden, but i can't imagine how it survives without any punters

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 8 August 2004 11.09am by James Hatts.
Monday 9 August 2004 11.24am
The Ruse pub on Newington Causeway near the Southbank University halls always seems emtpy too. I suspect both were meant to cater for the nearby student population, as the Law Street one is near the LSE Great Dover Street halls. Clearly there is something unappealing about them, as even in term time they seem to always be empty.
Monday 9 August 2004 1.15pm

Zappomatic, when you mean "The Ruse pub on Newington Causeway..."

is that the one that is on the corner with Great Suffolk St.? If it is, I have seen it do a brisk lunchtime trade, and also often (apparently) has a late license.

we had an Xmas party in Ruse Too (don't ask) and it was a bit weird - they were friendly enough but it has an odd atmosphere.
Monday 9 August 2004 1.32pm
re "they were friendly enough but it has an odd atmosphere...."
i reckon it's haunted
i went in there a couple of times before the ruse too makeover (was it the woolpack?) and it was wierd then
so who's got the story on what happenned all those years ago?

Monday 9 August 2004 5.08pm

i think the King Arms in Roupell Street (in Waterloo...) is haunted too. It always is a bit spooky there - although the back bar is less spooky than the front.
Monday 2 April 2007 6.54pm
I'm at the Ruse Too a few nights a week. If you want to know the whole story walk by and see if there's an older gentleman seated at the bar right in front of the entrance (doesn't normally arrive until 9:30pm or so). Talk to him.
Basically it is hunted. The Ghost's name is George, a former patron who died in rather depressing circumstances. He's harmless enough. There is apparently something about sitting in the seat that was George's, and how people that have die shortly thereafter. Unconfirmed in the time I've been there, but then, no one I know will sit in the seat either.
Monday 2 April 2007 9.26pm
Sounds like a great place for an SE1 social then ....
Tuesday 3 April 2007 12.24pm
Yes. We could play musical chairs; murder in the dark;......

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 12.14pm
... Mastermind ... Countdown ...

(yes I know I'm watcing too much daytime TV at the moment)
Wednesday 4 April 2007 9.27pm
Was he curious George?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: