Pet Sitting

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 10 August 2004 5.57pm
Can anyone recommend a cat sitting service which covers the SE1 area - preferably one that has references and is insured ?

Yes, I know, I know, I am totally ruled by my cat...but I have a holiday coming up at the end of next month and had a very bad (and very expensive) experience at the last cattery I used - so I thought this might be a neat solution.

She only needs one visit a day, but I would like (and my neighbours will probably insist on) someone who will stay and play with her for an hour or two !

Have a recommendation of Pals4Pets.co.uk and will give them a call, but wondered if there was anyone else I should try ?
Tuesday 10 August 2004 6.08pm
Harriet. I am shocked and upset. I thought Kitty went everywhere with you. What about on holiday?
Tuesday 10 August 2004 6.15pm
Well, the previous holiday was to China where they [have a reputation for] eating cats, and this one is to the US where I've been told the pet passport thing isn't really operating at the moment because of "security concerns".

That's right, my cat, the Al-Qaeda operative...sigh.

She does still happily hop across the Chunnel with me.

;-)
Tuesday 10 August 2004 6.22pm
Put her in the freezer, and thaw her out on your return.
Tuesday 10 August 2004 6.23pm
Tsk, tsk - there's no room in the freezer because of all the Hill Station ice-cream from Waitrose in Canary Wharf...
Tuesday 10 August 2004 7.01pm
Harriet, if your cat would like a holiday, too, I would be more than happy to have her stay with me.
Tuesday 10 August 2004 7.16pm
Thanks TLMJJ - that's very kind, but I couldn't possibly inflict the little monster I have created on anyone else who isn't being paid vast sums of money !

*Edited to say, and if you could hear her caterwauling in the background because I'm on the computer and not poaching her line caught salmon for her tea, you'd understand why !*

*Edited again to say, for the benefit of non-regulars on the board, the bit about the line caught salmon and her being a total madam is mostly TFIC*

Pals4Pets do cover SE1, in case anyone is interested, and I'm probably going to give them a try.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10 August 2004 7.20pm by Siduhe.
Tuesday 10 August 2004 8.08pm
>>line caught

Only TFIC to the extent that Harriet didn't admit to having had to catch it herself. That law malarky is a cover for somebody who spends her life wading Scottish rivers with a dry fly in order to catch her salmon for her cat!

Actually I've got a Scottish line-caught salmon in my freezer. Nobody please tell H's Kitty else nowhere will be safe...
Tuesday 10 August 2004 8.54pm
Scottish waters play havoc with the nail varnish.

Will, however, swap your line caught for a couple of partridge come 1st September...12 bore is much more my style...
Tuesday 10 August 2004 10.13pm
Siduhe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks TLMJJ - that's very kind, but I couldn't
> possibly inflict the little monster I have created
> on anyone else who isn't being paid vast sums of
> money !
>
> *Edited to say, and if you could hear her
> caterwauling in the background because I'm on the
> computer and not poaching her line caught salmon
> for her tea, you'd understand why !*
>
> *Edited again to say, for the benefit of
> non-regulars on the board, the bit about the line
> caught salmon and her being a total madam is
> mostly TFIC*
>
> Pals4Pets do cover SE1, in case anyone is
> interested, and I'm probably going to give them a
> try.
>
>
>
> *the blonde formerly known as Harriet*
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at Tue 10 Aug 04
> 08:20PM by Siduhe.

Harriet - I've sent you a PM.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: