New Lithuanian food shop nr London Bridge Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Monday 16 August 2004 11.46am
A shop called Lituanica has been open for about a week on Station Approach, next to London Bridge station off Borough High Street. It sells mostly imported Lithuanian food, including some excellent pickles, yogurt and herrings. Also very good sausages. On Saturday they were giving away packs of Polish sausage for free! The woman behind the counter is charming.

Andrew
Monday 16 August 2004 11.53am
Thanks for the tip, I shall call in on the way home.
Monday 16 August 2004 12.49pm

am a big herring fan - i will pop in later.
Monday 16 August 2004 3.20pm
In fifteen words, composing an original & amusing slogan. Winner gets some apple pulp in October.

And Andrew's connection to this shop is.................................................
Monday 16 August 2004 3.38pm
For what its worth, I noticed this shop on Saturday, on my way back from Borough Market. I thought other people here might be interested too, especially as they were giving things away, and it is an unusual and interesting new shop.

What a miserable smart-alecky git. I'll keep it to myself next time.
Monday 16 August 2004 3.39pm
..............He's the charming woman!!!
Monday 16 August 2004 3.42pm
Andrew, please don't be put off from participating in this forum.

I know we do have problems with spammers here, but please could people avoid pointing the finger unless they have some evidence or it is blatently obvious that the message is self-promotional.

Otherwise it will stop people from posting useful and interesting bits of information.

Thanks

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 16 August 2004 3.44pm
There aren't many people who register solely to post an advertisement for a new shop... that aren't the owner of that shop. We see an increasing amount of spam on this site from people promoting their new shops, and this posting looks suspiciously like one such post.

The reference to thow nice the staff are. The reference to the free sausages - complete with exclamation mark! Classic. All we need to complete the SoBo analogy is a reference to how brave the owner is to open this shop in an area without obvious Lithuanian population.

I grovel totally & shall keep my head down in shame if you have nothing to do with this shop.
Monday 16 August 2004 3.44pm
Andrew, I'm very glad that you brought this shop to my attention, and welcome to the forum.
Monday 16 August 2004 4.13pm

Why do people have to be so suspicious to postings which recommend something.
I love this forum but that I absolutely LOATHE.
Let's be a bit more trusting!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: