Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 19 June 2002 7.54am
Theres a meeting tonight at Hankey Hall, Hankey Place...7-9pm ...I posted this last week in the wrong bit and forget to move it over.....;-(
I am going to try and get there, to see whats happening....
Wednesday 19 June 2002 9.16am
Thanks Jan - I meant to give this a plug in this week's SE1 Direct, but I forgot to add it to the list.

If you do manage to get there, it would be great if you could post an update after the meeting
Wednesday 19 June 2002 10.25am
Yeah, I'd be very interested to read a summary of the meeting as I can't make it tonight. I live right by the proposed dev and only heard about the meeting yesterday from a neighbour despite commenting on the proposal and registering an interest with the West Bermondsey Community Forum.

It seems that develpoments creep from proposal to reality accompanied by a distinct lack of public awareness not public apathy. It'd be a full time job trying to winkle out all the information needed to keep abreast of developments in the area!
Thursday 20 June 2002 6.36am
I could not get there as I had to work later than expected and as I am carer as well as wage earner, by the time I performed all neccessary deeds for Don it was too late..Did anyone get a chance to go?....:-(
Thursday 20 June 2002 10.11am
No, but this would be quite hilarious if it didn't make me fume. This morning I received an invite and an agenda for yesterday's meeting from Catherine Sackey , Area Co-ordinator (Bankside, Borough, Elephant & Castle), Community Involvement Unit, Southwark Town Hall. Admittedly it had been sent at 2pm yesterday giving a whacking five hours notice of the meeting.

Perhaps she should work for the 'Community E-x-c-l-u-s-i-o-n Unit'. God forbid they should have proper public consultation, that might mean the developers have to alter their plans or timescales and the council don't get the inevitably enormous kick back that will vanish into the black hole of Southwark's coffers (allegedly)! Cynical? Me? Nah.

I'm going to write a letter of complaint for all the good it will do.

I'm still interested to hear from anyone that actually went along assuming anyone other than Caterine Sackey and the developers actually knew about it.
Monday 8 July 2002 9.11pm
I live near tabard sq what is the dev?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: