Grief/bereavement group in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 23 August 2004 12.56pm
I recenlty lost my younger brother unexpectedly. I have had little success in finding what in the US is called a grief group, a group of like minded people that serve as a support network for people dealing with the loss of someone close. Does anyone have any insights on this topic? I have tried working through the Cruse Bereavement network, but have had little success in finding something of this sort.

thank you

Drew

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 23 August 2004 1.01pm by James Hatts.
Monday 23 August 2004 1.07pm
Drew,

I'm sorry for your loss. Have you tried the London Bereavement Network? http://www.bereavement.org.uk/about/index.asp

TLMJJ
Monday 23 August 2004 1.47pm
Drew, there is a local organisation -

http://www.southwarkbereavement.org.uk

i know they offer free counselling, and I'm pretty sure they have groups as well, they may be able to help.

Monday 23 August 2004 2.09pm
Thank you Mis Jo Jo, I have used their page, unfortunately, I have found their information to be out of date, i.e. numbers are not working, or the contacts do not know of a grief group. At least I have been unsuccesful so far. I find it perplexing that there are not groups organized to support people after a loss. Or I cannot find them.

Perhaps, these situations are dealt with differently in the UK. Maybe this loss is dealth with more privately as opposed to group efforts.

once again, thank you for your help
Monday 23 August 2004 5.30pm
I think there was one in Merrick Square, at the vicarage? I'll find out for you.

I am sorry to hear that you lost your brother love, I wish I could give you a cuddle and tell you my self...

Jan
Tuesday 24 August 2004 12.09pm
Hello

I hope you and your family are healing.
You might like to know that Charterhouse In southwark, a charity based in SE1, have a counselling service (not a group). They are at 7407 1123 (Main Reception) and you should be able to get an email address for the organiser (who is likely to know of other services).

good luck

easyrecall

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: