Riverhall Street South Lambeth

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 21 June 2002 3.21pm
I've just seen a copy of my father's birth certificate which says in 1910 his family lived in Riverhall Street, South Lambeth. I can't find this in today's A to Z, and wondered if someone remembers where it was or has an old map showing its location.
Thank you in anticipation
Roger
Friday 21 June 2002 4.04pm
Have you tried searching for it on Google (www.google.co.uk)?

Apparently, a boy exploded there in 1925!
Friday 21 June 2002 5.16pm
Hi and thanks for the response. I saw the summary when I first searched but couldn't get the link to open. I've now found it - what a strange story. Maybe that's why there's insanity in the family! Unfortunately it doesn't get me any further with trying to find the street, but an interesting diversion all the same.
Roger
Monday 24 June 2002 4.14pm
try www.motco.com. This has searchable old maps of London.
Monday 24 June 2002 9.29pm
That's a great web-site David, many thanks. I can't see Riverhall Street listed but I'll run an eyeball over the maps in slow time.
Roger
Tuesday 25 June 2002 12.38pm
Roger, see if you can find the Kellys Directories, they were a great source of information. Ask at the John Harvard,
it would go like this: (or any reference library....)

Riverhall Street;

no 1....smiths stores
No 2....oil shop
no 3 guinness flats
etc.

they stopped printing them about thirty years ago.I'll try to find out where some are now.....
Thursday 27 June 2002 10.02am
JoJo I tried them but it only shows portsmouth andsouthsea at the moment.....;-(
Thursday 27 June 2002 10.14am
The site below is an A-Z for Victorian London. It mentions Riverhall St, Kennington, Lambeth as being referred to in the 1881 census. I guess if you look at a map of around that time or the census, you might have some luck.

http://www.gendocs.demon.co.uk/lon-str.html
Ste
Friday 28 June 2002 11.24am
Please post the link to the exploding boy story, I can't find it..sounds interesting.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: