Yet another con merchant!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 27 August 2004 11.15am
packing my shopping into the car last night at Surrey Quays I was approached by a gentleman claiming his car had broken down and he needed 3 to get home and offered me his mobile in exchange for the money. Fortunately it was the same chap who had tried this on me before and i informed him i recognised him and after protests of not me luv he walked off to try another victim.

Please be aware that he has now moved to here !

Can anyone tell me why they always ask for 3??
Friday 27 August 2004 12.43pm
no idea, as everyone knows that a single bus ticket is 1 and a day pass is only 2.50!
Thursday 2 September 2004 4.08pm
Plus surely if he's just been to the supermarket he's got a debit card on him and can get cashback!
Thursday 2 September 2004 4.23pm
Most people in London supermarkets only live round the corner (or at least within easy walking distance), and the only reason they drive is so that they can pile all the shopping in the boot, and don't have to carry it home!
Friday 3 September 2004 7.13am
Another supermarket 'scam' is that people walk around the supermarket looking for un-attended trolleys and they nick th one pound coin that's in the slot.

I've no idea how the do it - they must have some sort of tool that's the same shape as the clips that releases the one pound coin.

It happened to me in the Tescos on the OKR and a friend had it donne to them at the Tesco in Surrey Quays.

I now take a minder with me to stand guard over my trolley whilst a scan the fresh-fruit aisle.
Friday 3 September 2004 11.25am
I went to tescos OKR last night and in the car park was approached by a chap offering to take my trolley back (and keep the 1 of course) and another trying to sell me DVD's of the latest releases-filmed exclusively with his own camcorder no doubt!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: