Bankside Runners

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 25 June 2002 10.14am
I need the motivation of others to drag myself out of bed and into running shoes in the morning...are you the same? Looking for a group of people interested in joining up for early morning (6:30am/7am) runs a few times a week. If you would like to do 8km-12km runs along the river please let me know and I will put together a mailing list of people interested in running.

Please email with your prefered running time, speed - slow/med/fast, and distance and I will circulate.

Tuesday 25 June 2002 2.35pm
Hi Kelly,

I'm just about to start running after a long long absence tomorrow morning with a pal in Hyde Park, for just the same motivational reason. I only live in Borough so a riverside running group would be perfect...

Tuesday 25 June 2002 2.59pm
Good idea.

Count me in for a shorter, slower run!

Tuesday 25 June 2002 5.55pm
Good idea, now I've decided to start the Bankside drinkers, email me with your prefered drinking speed, fast, very fast or just buy me two.

We can meet along the bankside, not too close or we might fall in and look at all the people runing past ?
Wednesday 26 June 2002 10.33am
Bruce - I'd be up for the Bankside drinkers too! It's all about keeping a balance (or not as the case may be)... I did stand in a bar on Tooley Street with a pint and fag watching the marathon runners go by so have some experience...

John - Definitely keen on the slower, shorter runs. Did Hyde Park this morning and managed 2 miles but as it was the first time in almost 3 years and many ciggies, booze involved in those years, I had a hard time keeping up.
Monday 1 July 2002 2.18pm
Sounds good to me. I am currently training for the UK Open 10K race on July 21st so could do with a kick up the backside every so often.
Tuesday 2 July 2002 11.45am
OK..we have small group of willing victims...I propose we shoot for next Tuesday (9 July) morning for our first run. I am not sure where everyone is coming from but perhaps we could have two mtg points..the golden hinde at 7am and south east corner of blackfriars bridge around 7:10am. Please let me know if you will be joining and at which point. following outlines the path along the Thames. We can start together and splinter off where need be...

Please let me know if this suits you all....
Tuesday 9 July 2002 3.41pm
Dear Kelly,

Hope the inaugural run went well. I've been out sick so sorry I missed it. Can you let me know when the next will be as I'm still keen to come along...
Monday 15 July 2002 10.38am
Apologies also. I picked up a nagging knee injury so had to rest it. I should be out and about Tuesday 16th early if anyone is interested?
Monday 5 August 2002 4.14pm
Has there been any development on the bankside runners? Still keen as I have got a half marathon coming up at the end of September.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: