Ideas for holding a Festival

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 6 September 2004 3.54pm
Do you have ideas about where in Southwark would be a good place to have a Festival? Stalls, music, food, workshops, Drum circle, children's entertainment, sports exhibition and others...

Monday 6 September 2004 4.04pm
Hello, what's a drum circle?
Anonymous User
Monday 6 September 2004 4.08pm
Sounds noisy
Monday 6 September 2004 4.27pm
>what's a drum circle?

A Drum Circle is people creating music and community with rhythm, in a circle. The purpose of a drum circle is to give the participants an “in the moment” experience of his or her own rhythmical spirit and power.

>Sounds noisy

We want to invite a lot of people, and we want people to have a great day of fun. So, yeah... good noise and a lot of fun!

Monday 6 September 2004 4.47pm
What about Burgess Park?
Monday 6 September 2004 5.09pm
what about the drum circle being in, say, Brighton?

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 6 September 2004 6.16pm
At the risk of sounding like a council licensing officer...

What is your target event size - audience, particpants?

Who are your target audience -
(i) geographic - i.e. London-wide, south of the river, whole of Southwak borough, North Southwark and Bermondsey?
(ii) demographic - "usual suspects" or hard to reach groups?

What message are you trying to get across/what group(s) are you trying to provide a performance platform for?
Monday 6 September 2004 6.19pm
>What about Burgess Park?

We were thinking initially about a Park, but because of the rains (will be October the 10th) it would be much better in-doors. Also, because some of the workshops will need a close room, i.e. therapy massage.

>what about the drum circle being in, say, Brighton?

We really want to have this event for the Southwark people this time. Maybe in the future it could be somewhere else...

Monday 6 September 2004 8.26pm

I would have thought outdoors (with tents for massage etc..) would be ideal if there is going to be music and sports. Otherwise I suppose you are looking at a really large indoors venue... Maybe down under the old arches under London Bridge Station (near where that new Theatre company has set up).. ?? there are some pretty big spaces there. The only indoor festival I have been to was the one they used to run in Heaven (about ten years ago!!), so maybe you could talk to some club venues.
Tuesday 7 September 2004 11.29am
How about the turbine hall in Tate Modern?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: