The Golden Chopsticks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sarah
Tuesday 25 June 2002 11.01am
I am at my wits end with the amount of menus I get every week from this restaurant. On average at least five.
I have actively avoided this restaurant because of this continual bombardment and would like to tell The Golden Chopsticks that I have turned a negative into a positive by recycling their menus into bedding for my hamster!
Monkey Magic
Tuesday 25 June 2002 9.13pm
Yeah, but they are best and friendliest chinese restaurant in SE1, and better value than the one further down the street (although that one is pretty good too). If, like me, you judge a restaurant by its food and its staff, this one gets the thumbs up from me any day. If you want to get on your high-horse about recycling or mailshots, on the other hand, aim for the big corporations, rather than the little, family-owned businesses, who are just trying to make a living. Sure, we all have responsibilities to do our bit, but I can't help but think there are better targets at which to vent your spleen.
Wednesday 26 June 2002 6.23am
with me it's pizza leaflets.....I'm considering having a sign made for my front door..no pizza leaflets...from any source..I hate the bloody things anyway..
Overated and overpriced...reminds me of cheese on toast with bits on!
Shame I have no resident hamster Sarah!
Sarah
Wednesday 26 June 2002 12.47pm
Monkey, my point is that excessive and clumsy mailshotting can work in reverse and however good they are they will not be getting my business. When they can't get access to a letter box they just chuck an amount that they conclude represents the amount of residents and some on the floor.

Given your sympathetic overtones I propose you donate your time to assisting the family owned business in making their living by giving them some marketing tips and some assistance in reducing their printing tab.
Dav
Wednesday 26 June 2002 1.11pm
I reckon Sarah has a fair point re junk mail every day - if it bothers you so much Monkey what about the immeasurable number of trees that go to waste on this stuff!

To be honest, no issue with GC as only mail me once in a while & food has been ok when I have used - however Safeways & the Pizza cos are much worse, end up throwing the latter flyers away DAILY which seems a total waste for both them & me!
Monkey Magic
Wednesday 26 June 2002 9.45pm
the true environmentalist does not campaign against the beaver but the logging company
christian
Wednesday 3 July 2002 6.20pm
Still bloody good food though

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: