Switzerland V Ireland

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 8 September 2004 10.17am
Does anyone know if this match is being shown anywhere locally tonight?
Wednesday 8 September 2004 10.42am
I was wondering about this myself.

Apparently it is on Sky Sports Plus (as the English, Scottish, Welsh / Northern Irish games are on SS 1, 2 and 3 respectively).

Irish bars should have the Irish (Rep) game on ... depending on where you are the best bet may be a pub on Westminster Bridge Road near the junction with Waterloo Road (St George's Circus). It has the word 'Flowers' in its name I think but I can't remember its full name. In the past they have shown both Republic and English games when they have clashed at the same time (different games on different screens).

I'm afraid I don't know any Irish bars that I can be sure will show the game at the other end of SE1 if that's where you will be.
Wednesday 8 September 2004 10.47am
Flowers of the Forest

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 8 September 2004 11.01am
And it's Sky Sports Extra

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 9 September 2004 7.11am
Apologies to anyone who might have followed my (bad) advice. When I got there just in time for kick-off myself I was surprised to see that every screen was showing the England game and none were showing the Swiss-Irish match. I didn't hang around long enough to ask (off searching, in vain, for a pub that was showing the game) but I presume this means they are under new management?

When I first moved to the area there were two pubs around the corner where I could watch GAA and Irish international matches - the other one is a Chinese take-away now.

I suppose the fact that people weren't going regularly enough to realise they were closing down was part of the reason they closed down.

At least the result of the match was ok.
Thursday 9 September 2004 2.37pm
I watched it in the Rose around the back of Guys somewhere. Odd pub, more of an old fashioned boozer. It felt like a members bar.
Sal
Friday 10 September 2004 12.19pm
I watched the England game in the George, there was some mad man dress in a red jumper with "66" printed on the back with proxide blonde hair. Does any one know him or anyone else there????

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: