Tower Bridge Road area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 18 June 2001 11.47am
As you will no doubt have noticed, a huge crane has sprouted off tower Bridge Road and a new development is going ahead at the old Hartley's Jam factory - apparently it will be a mixed development of offices and flats. Does anyone know if there are any other plans for the surrounding area as regards bars/pubs and anything else?
Friday 22 June 2001 2.12pm
There have long been plans for the development of Bermondsey square (where the market is held), but nothing seems to be happening on that score. To be honest, although Borough High st has chnaged rapidly in the last 18 months, I\'m not sure the lower part of Tower bridge road will develop in the same way - be great if it did, and the Jam factory development will be a great benefit to the area. Amazing to think a few years ago it was condemned to being demolished to make way for a bus depot!
Friday 29 June 2001 2.01pm
The Pagoda - just opposite Rothsay Street on Tower Bridge Road (entrance to The Jam Factory) was a run down, slightly dodgy looking pub about 2 months ago and is now an expensive looking, beautifully presented Italian bistro and bar!
I live next door to The Jam Factory so let\'s hope there\'s more of this to come.
Thursday 6 December 2001 10.37am
Well look who's moving in next door to you - Mr DeNiro himself. Wonder if he'll be borrowing some sugar from you?!

Well done you!
Thursday 13 December 2001 3.32pm
bloody hell - really?

Into the jam factory?

Monday 31 December 2001 11.38am
Things look promising (finally) for the area around tower bridge rd. Very good prospect in terms of being able to do things locally.

But spare a thought for those of us that live just on the other side of the Bricklayers, and to get there would have to cross via the subways - they are an absolute disgrace, even for a bloke in his twenties coming back from work they feel well dodge. What I wouldn't do for a pedestrian crossing or something so we can connect the neighbourhood in some way... (I know knocking the flyover down would be better still but unlikely2happen any year soon)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: