Ev: new Tas restaurant off Hatfields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
talisman Saturday 11 September 2004 2.22pm
I just thought SE1-ers would like to know about a new restaurant coming soon to the area. ev restaurants are soon to open their new restaurant in the recently redeveloped Arches 98 and 99 in Isabella Street, off Hatields, SE1. Apparently it is going to be a Fish and Meze Restautant and Gastro Bar which could be a very interesting addition to the local scene. Hopefully, more of the Isabella Street arches will become occupied after the restaurant opens.

Alistair

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 6 December 2004 5.50pm by James Hatts.

Advertisement

James Hatts Saturday 11 September 2004 2.27pm
It is part of the Tas group:

http://www.tasrestaurant.com/details.asp

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11 September 2004 2.29pm by James Hatts.
timna Saturday 11 September 2004 11.31pm
Nice to see Taz expanding again, and staying in SE1
Eleanor Monday 6 December 2004 4.24pm
EV has now opened and having eaten there I'm happy to report that it has all the qualities of the Tas chain - good quality food in copious quantities, great service and atmosphere, and fantastic live music. Four of us went last week and were offered free drinks in the bar (not sure if this is was because our table wasn't ready or because it was the first week of opening but we weren't complaining!) as well as numerous complimentary bowls of bread along with dips and olives on top of some great grub. The guitar player was fantastic -helped by the accoustics of the restaurant which is under a railway arch - this meant that rather than just blending in the background like at other Tas restaurants he earned several enthusiastic applauses.

We only knew EV had opened because we couldn't get a table at all the other three Tas restaurants in the area - the receptionist at Tas Pide kindly rang them for us. They're also a bit off the beaten path on Isabella Street so it probably doesn't get much pasing trade. So if you're looking for a Xmas meal venue and you've left it a bit late, I'd recommend giving them a call - 020 7620 6191.

dilanroj Monday 6 December 2004 4.27pm
um, where is hatfields?
Lang Rabbie Monday 6 December 2004 5.07pm
"Find Us" page for the Isabella Street branch from the Tas restaurant site:
http://www.tasrestaurant.com/find_us.asp?sd=1&ID=6

Hatfields is the road that forms the Lambeth/Southwark boundary.

Edited to add: I'm in shock that it's not already on this site - James normally manages to get new openings onto the Restaurant Guide page of this site before they've been reviewed.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 6 December 2004 5.13pm by Lang Rabbie.
James Hatts Monday 6 December 2004 5.20pm
It was on my 'to do' list to add Ev to the site today!

Now added:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/view.php?venueid=449

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
dilanroj Wednesday 8 December 2004 3.28pm
gosh, ive walked past there a hundred times before and never realised hatfields was hiding off the cut
mac Friday 10 December 2004 5.27pm
We've been to EV twice now and have been impressed. It has been nicely developed and the decor is great. However, we've had corked wine on both occasions but maybe that is just bad luck. I wouldn't have known about this place if it hadn't been mentioned on this website but as it has been quite full on both occasions they seem to be getting the customers.
nancy Thursday 16 December 2004 2.02pm
We went to EV on Wednesday night, had a couple of hours in the bar, then a meal. Very impressed, the food was great, service good, and really liked how they'd developed the arches. We particularly liked the frogs.

After a few mohitos and some glasses of wine, though, we were all mystified by the signs to the toilets - a shoe for ladies and a hat for gents. Maybe that had more to do with the alcofrol, though!

Enjoy now before it's reviewed everywhere and is as full as all the other Tas's !!!

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions