Cockfighter discount

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 13 September 2004 2.25pm
Walking past Cockfighter of Bermondsey on Bermondsey Street today and noticed the large notice in the window:

'Sale Now On - 0% Off'

Very clever and quite amusing or horribly pretentious when you look at the prices for their clothing (sure it's very en vogue).

Make up your own minds - part of me thinks it's very clever and confident - the other thinks too brash and over-confident...

Have suggested to an estate agent mate of mine that he do the same but not sure he would achieve the same effect in this market!!!

Bien joué...
Monday 13 September 2004 2.29pm
Oh, it's just about t-shirts. Keep dreaming, Ivanhoe. There's a cheap cockfigther out there somewhere with your name on.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 13 September 2004 2.29pm
When I walked past on Friday, I'm sure the sign said 50% off. Maybe they just lost their 5.

Maybe someone bought it?
Monday 13 September 2004 2.52pm

Walked past yesterday and noticed this too.
Thought it was very clever first of all however when I looked closer the "5" had indeed dropped off and was lying by the bottom of the window!
Monday 13 September 2004 3.27pm
hahahahahahahahahahahaha - lol - and I joked with the same mate that the 5 had probably dropped off... what a shame - although I thought it was a step too far I also thought it was quite clever - never mind...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bien joué...
Monday 13 September 2004 3.56pm
you just never know these days. bring back the old, spade-calling SE1 of yore. dwon with the the trendy people and their illiterality (Rabbie, I'm trying to make my own "words" up now)

Monday 13 September 2004 4.29pm
BTW, the (in)famous Bermonsey Street page from Time Out, including Cockfighter is now back online at:

http://www.bermondseyvillage.org.uk/pdf/TimeOut_BermonseySt.pdf
Tuesday 14 September 2004 10.53am
Oh, how I long to be one of the BermondseyVillage People

Tuesday 14 September 2004 12.21pm
Do you have a moustache and a skimpy policemans outfit?
Tuesday 14 September 2004 12.53pm
No, silly. This season I'm mainly loving being a sailor

XXX

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: