Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 14 September 2004 9.38am

Did anybody hear/see what appeared to be an absolutly MASSIVE firework display last night (around 10pm) - seemed to be coming from the Tower Bridge Area.

Anyone know what it was about?
Tuesday 14 September 2004 10.11am
I heard a firework display near the back of my house on Grange Walk. I hear fireworks around there quite often but this one was huge. Really loud. Don't know what it was about really.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 14 September 2004 11.32am
They were loud weren't they?
Tuesday 14 September 2004 12.06pm

For those of you who didn't hear them I cannot emphasise enough just how loud they were!!
Tuesday 14 September 2004 12.50pm
isn't the Thames festirval on this week maybe it is something to do with that
Tuesday 14 September 2004 1.25pm
I heard them from Chaucer Drive - that's what made me look out the window, and saw about 15 minutes worth of very large,bright, wonderfull fireworks, coming from the Tower Bridge kind of area, and thought "I'll ask on the forum tomorrow if anyone knows what that was" -

it seems no one knows yet.
Tuesday 14 September 2004 1.54pm
There are fireworks chez Ivanhoe most nights. Didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 14 September 2004 3.23pm
Hi Mr Farmerdj!
How are you?
I heard them too, thought it was World war lll ???
It's a bit un-nerving to have these loud bangs at this time, what with the threat of attacks, or so they say.
I hear them a lot around where I live ( Grange rd / Tower Bridge rd ) I think It's the kids on the estate, smack their botties.
Tuesday 14 September 2004 4.54pm
I saw the fireworks as I was walking home last night, admittedly they were loud but also excellent to watch. They were launched from a platform in the river just opposite All Bar One etc but there was no indication of what they were in aid of.
Tuesday 14 September 2004 6.52pm
The display is listed in the Port of London Authority's river diary:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: