It should NOT be in SE1!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 15 September 2004 11.10am
a list of things which we think shouldn't be in SE1 - for whatever reason...

and to start the list:

Driscoll House on the New Kent Rd, has an SE1 post code, but is clearly on the southside of NK Rd, so should be outside SE1
as is Searles(?) Rd!

... I think this list might be smaller than 'should be in SE1' but thought it was worth posting anyway.
Wednesday 15 September 2004 11.50am
You'll presumably want to send:
- the south side of the Old Kent Road,
- Oakley Place,
- Ossory Road,
- Malt Street,
- Olmar Street, and
- The Cantium Retail Park (does anyone ever use that name for B&Q, Halfords and Comet???)

into exile in SE17 as well, no doubt!
Wednesday 15 September 2004 11.53am

Belushis...

send it back to SE666 where it came from.
Sal
Wednesday 15 September 2004 11.56am
The Elephant and Castle shopping centre!!! I know it's got permission to be knocked down but it's an eye sore.
Wednesday 15 September 2004 4.21pm
LR - absolutely!
Thursday 16 September 2004 12.17pm
Does no one else have a soft spot for the old E&C shopping centre?
Thursday 16 September 2004 12.33pm
I like the shopping centre too, and I will be sorry to see the mix of shops there disappear.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 16 September 2004 12.46pm
Me too, dark and dingy it may be inside, but I love the mix. By the way, it remains an ambition of mine to play bingo there.
Thursday 16 September 2004 1.13pm
I'd certainly be disappointed if the plans don't provide a new home for the mix of colombian and other latin american businesses in the E&C somewhere nearby.

But I don't have a recollection of it as a bustling community shopping centre with independent traders when I worked nearby fifteen years ago. I do remember the experience that was the DHSS HQ staff canteen in the space now occupied by the bingo club, when I was once taken there for lunch "for the atmosphere". It was mass catering on a Butlins scale.
Thursday 16 September 2004 1.21pm
I know this is not exactly in the same vein but my vote would go to ....

Starbucks .

Crap, overpriced, exploitative, rubbish (did I say that already?) coffee served by faceless people in charmless surroundings. It really is the McDonalds of the coffee world. The one on Clink Street is a tragedy.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: