Thames Festival parade and fireworks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 20 September 2004 3.05pm
watched the parade on Sunday night, then the fireworks - did anyone else.

it was Wonderful - even the philharmonic orchestra were playing samba music, there were enormous fish and insects, monsters and dragons. And as for groupe F's fireworks... I was jumping up and down like an overexcited child at the end :)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20 September 2004 6.48pm by James Hatts.
Monday 20 September 2004 9.21pm
The procession was good once the Columbian walking-advertising-hoardings had gone past (why were they leading the procession?), the insect/monster things were great, and the fireworks were tops, but by then I'd been worn down by the paucity of the day's entertainment. The Southbank was like a poor relation of Blackpool during the day.

I love Blackpool - I grew up on annual coach trips down the golden mile, but I don't think the Southbank and London's Thames Festival should be trying to emulate it.

Or did I miss something?
Monday 20 September 2004 9.41pm
I've had a great weekend all round, with all the events on. One of the highlights was watching the giant cricket get stuck under the Hungerford rail bridge, holding everything up, with an amused motorcycle cop completely unable to do anything about it. Not your usual London traffic problem.
Wednesday 22 September 2004 10.34pm
Notice to Mariners No. M31 of 2004

PRIVATE FIREWORKS DISPLAY

UPPER POOL

Saturday 02 October, 2004

There will be a private fireworks display on the river on Saturday 02 October 2004 from a barge close upriver of Tower Bridge Lower Mooring. The display will commence at 2205 and last for approximately 5 minutes. http://www.mrua.bravehost.com/page_6.htm

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: