Grange Road Development

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 23 September 2004 8.12am

The new development called 'Futura House' on Grange Road has the properties listed on the Foxtons web-site. They start at about 300k for a small (80 sq m) 2 bed appartment. Interestingly, they say they are located for easy access to Bermondsey Tube station, when they are clearly about a half hour walk away at least!!
Anonymous User
Thursday 23 September 2004 8.21am
They also have huge hoardings advertising their website - which doesn't exist!
Thursday 23 September 2004 11.52am
I live opposite the site and Bermondsey tube is just over 10mins walk, depending how cold or wet it is.
Thursday 23 September 2004 1.24pm
Maybe I'm just very slow and/ or go the wrong way!
Friday 24 September 2004 7.35am
Hardly breathtaking architecture...Retail outlets at ground level... Deli please... hey whats that pink thing in the sky?

talking of things in the sky- was in top of gherkin at Open House (amazing) despite 6000 people queing...
Friday 24 September 2004 11.33am
they are also described as being 'moments' from the city. Moments?? By, helicopter perhaps...

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 24 September 2004 11.33am by red bus.
Monday 27 September 2004 12.15pm
Indeed - many, many moments in fact.

I wonder how on earth Foxtons [and many other estate agents] would get on if deprived of using the word 'stunning'. It's trotted out so much it just devalues the term - someone needs to re-invent property descriptions, like that chap back in the 50s?, I think. He just told the truth -now wouldn't that be refreshing.
Tuesday 28 September 2004 11.14am
And it has four floors in the space my house manages three. Only dwarves need apply.

400k for an 1100 sq ft penthouse (my plasterer rang them to find out yesterday)... and still no website.
Monday 4 October 2004 9.37am
The most over-used marketing word is 'eclectic'

Hate it.
Monday 4 October 2004 12.44pm
but janefs, they'd not be telling the truth if they described that new property as rat infested, tumbling down & in need of a good coat of paint, a kitchen & a new outside privvy. Unlike the house opposite the development that would fall into all those categories!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: