Lost camera

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 23 September 2004 12.37pm
My partner celebrated his 40th birthday last Saturday at the Southwark Rooms, which incidentally is a great place and I can highly recommend it!!! The food is great, the staff are very friendly and it has a great atmosphere!!! We had a fantastic night. However, the next morning we realised that we lost our digital camera..!!! We left the bar at around 3am Sunday morning and hailed 3 cabs outside the bar to take us to The Grange. We are pretty certain now that the camera must have fallen out of the bag somewhere between the bar and The Grange (Off Grange Road). I phoned numerous cab firms but nothing has been handed in (what a surprise....!!). Anyway, if anyone has found anything or if there is a cabbie out there who has found our camera it would be great if we could at least get the memory card back as it has 150 photos on it which are obviously irreplaceable unlike the camera!
I know it's a very long shot but worth a try.... We are more than happy to offer a reward! ;-)

Thanks for reading!
Thursday 23 September 2004 1.06pm
Sorry to hear about the camera. Did you get black cabs? Black cab drivers are supposed to hand over any lost property to the Met police within 24 hours of finding it, according to this website: http://www.taxiknowledge.co.uk/

(I have no idea why I was reading this site, but the forum was quite interesting!)

I hope you get the camera back.
Thursday 23 September 2004 1.16pm
Hi there!

Thanks for reading! No unfortunately they were minicabs... The fact that we grabbed these cabs off the street makes matters worse as we don't have a booking and most cab firms can only trace lost items with a booking...... apparently! Fingers crossed!!!
Thursday 23 September 2004 2.28pm
Frank - thats bad luck about your camera..:-( but.....to call a mini cab on the street seems a bit dodgy...you should try Elephant mini cabs...Is it now legal to hail a mini cab on the street?
Thursday 23 September 2004 3.47pm
Hi there

Sorry to hear about the camera, but couldn't resist the opportunity to say 'don't try Elephant Cars'! They've gone seriously downhill. Thy let us down wice in three days; first time, they couldn't find our road - we've been using them from the same addess for 25 years! Second time booked them 12 hours in advance for a 5am pick-up to go to Luton Airport - 5.10am no cab. The controller said it was on it's way, 5.20am he then said we'd never booked it, but he'd get us another. 5.30am he said he didn't have any cabs available. We finally got a cab from another firm at 5.45am. We'll never use Elephant Cars again obvlously.

Suziq
Jac
Thursday 23 September 2004 4.20pm
I found a mobile phone in the back of a black cab once and handed it to the driver, he tried to persuade me to keep and it was clear to me he didn't want the hassle of handing it in!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: