Decent place in SE1 for work Christmas lunch

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 23 September 2004 2.31pm
We're looking for a good (no, great) place to eat for our work Christmas lunch this year. Any ideas? Last two years have been at the excellent Laughing Gravy, but we can't go there again, can we? Looking for fine food for about £25 a head and a good but not too noisy atmosphere.
Thursday 23 September 2004 3.47pm
How about Doggett's on Blackfriars Bridge? I attended a private upstairs wedding reception a few years back and it was absolutely lovely overlooking the Thames.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/view.php?venueid=383
Thursday 23 September 2004 3.57pm
Bizarrely, I received two identical e-mails on my home e-mail account this morning from Baltic in Blackfriars Rd about their Christmas menu - after no e-mail newsletters from them for over a year.

Thursday 23 September 2004 3.59pm
That's one of the places we're thinking of....you can't knock em for their marketing, but what about their food?
Thursday 23 September 2004 4.23pm
what about bankside - have 2 courses for less than £12 on their toptable menu - not that expensive generally and big enough to fit in lots of people
Thursday 23 September 2004 5.01pm

Baltic does really good food last i remember - but is not cheap.
Thursday 23 September 2004 5.02pm

We had our Xmas party at Ruse Two (Too?) last year - WARNING - - DO NOT DO THIS.
Thursday 23 September 2004 5.56pm
Thursday 23 September 2004 6.08pm
I wonder if the Royal Oak in Tabard Street does Christmas lunches?
Thursday 23 September 2004 10.19pm
Two years of nice Christmas lunches at Laughing Gravy were followed by one at The Baltic - the food was excellent, nice buzzy atmosphere, very successful (about a dozen of us). Clearly room for some new ideas here!

Taz on the Cut seems worth a look, no idea if they do Christmassy menu tho', but nice size and atmosphere, and not too price.

Pizzeria Castello at the Elephant was always a favourite, despite its location, it was always great value and great food - not enough of a sense of occasion perhaps for some...

Mark
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: