Speed and Blackfriars Rd

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 27 September 2004 12.22pm
I live in Blackfriars Rd and am amazed that the council, who are so in love with taking money off of motorist, haven't put speed cameras all down the road. For your average testosterone male, the drag strip from the Bridge to St George's Circus is too much to resist, especially at weekends. Now there are a lot of children and elderly who live around here and I would have thought some traffic calming measures would be well advised.
Tuesday 28 September 2004 8.43am
See 20mph thread. YOU ARE CLEARLY WRONG!! The motorists aren't doing any harm. It's those pesky pedestrians

{TFIC cjwtv}

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 28 September 2004 10.54am
I think Blackfriars Road is part of Transport for London's road network (red routes), so they would take a final decision on any scheme rather than Southwark Council. You could try writing to Val Shawcross, your GLA member:

GLA
City Hall
The Queen's Walk
London SE1 2AA

Telephone: 020 7983 4407
Email: valerie.shawcross@london.gov.uk

It is probably worth copying this to your local councillors in Southwark, as the boroughs do have some influence on the priorities for safety schemes on TfL roads

Cathedrals Ward councillors:
http://www.southwark.gov.uk/Public/ShowWard.aspx?wardId=4
Wednesday 29 September 2004 4.49pm
Thanks for the information Lang Rabbie; I'll mail her and see what response I get.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: