Mandela Way Delivery Office Contact Details?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 29 September 2004 10.30am
Hi all, does anyone have any contact details for the Mandela Way office aside from 020 7232 2994 or 020 7740 7773?
I've been trying to get through from 7.30 this morning and it's either constantly busy or the few times I have gotten it to ring it rings incessantly until the operator cuts you off and tells you there's no answer. This is with me paying for the ringback service. I've contacted Royal Mail general customer service and they've informed me they can send an e-mail to them, but it won't be actioned until 48 hours.
Wednesday 29 September 2004 11.22am
You have to go there. Its the only method that I have found that works.
Wednesday 29 September 2004 11.33am
try emailing Tony Phelan ( look on the postal campaign thread) and he may have another number you can try - if you get one, will you post it?
Good luck!
Wednesday 29 September 2004 12.22pm
Hi, thank you, yes I've sent an e-mail to Tony Phelan this afternoon and hoping that I can get either a number or the problem sorted. I will certainly post any new numbers if I receive them Fabhat. Anything to save someone else the hassle I've experienced countless times with this issue I would be happy to oblige.

Bmovie, thanks for your response, unfortunately, I'm home sick today and am not happy to go to Mandela Way to collect the parcel. I don't get home from work until 6pm (after which time the collection office is shut). I think it's appalling that we cannot have mail that belongs to us re-delivered by following their instructions printed on the reverse of the postcard they put through our door. This leaves us with the option of having to inconvenience ourselves either by having to take a day off of work to go collect our post from their office or inconveniencing our family or friends to do if we cannot. I understand if a company is short-staffed or have issues where they cannot appoint someone to answer their phone on a one off occassion, but alternative means should then be employed (ie. 1. having an answerphone you can leave your details and re-delivery instructions on 2. An e-mail response centre that will allow you to e-mail them your instructions for re-delivery). I have gone through the process of actually putting special instruction to anything that I order to make packages slim enough (when possible) that they can be slipped through the letterbox because I have had to deal with this whenever a parcel happens to arrive on a day I am unable to be at home. *Sigh*
Wednesday 29 September 2004 2.57pm
Same here. I have been trying to ring this number 020 7232 2994 since Monday, I receive an enguage tone.
Are these people just too busy or they are ignoring the phone?

this is very frustrating when you trying to retrieve your parcel.
th
Wednesday 29 September 2004 3.11pm
Ignoring the phone. Just like they ignore you when you go in in person to pick up your package in my experience. Too busy gossiping, or looking at each others holiday photos.
Wednesday 29 September 2004 4.04pm
I went there on Tuesday and was waiting to be served, I have never seen more than one person serving at the counter. Then somebody well behind me caught the attention of a lady inside the office, who he clearly knew, and got promptly served by her, past any queue that was there. I guess I was murdering the lady with my looks, as she then reluctantly offered to serve me as well from the second counter.
DSC
Wednesday 29 September 2004 4.05pm
Exact same thing happening with me with the Harlesden sorting office at the moment - good to know I can expect a similar level of service when I finally move...!
Wednesday 29 September 2004 5.11pm
Do you think it's worth it for us to direct someone in a position of authority at Mandela Way to this post? If a Manager doesn't know how frequent these things go on, then it is unlikely that things will change. Who knows whether any letters of complaint actually make it to the Manager there. I've actually witnessed a postal clerk (in a W1 post office) take a letter that someone politely asked to be given to the Manager and fling it in the air (not sure whether this ended up on the floor, bin, or counter). So, most likely our best bet is e-mail. I've sent an e-mail to Mr Phelan this afternoon and haven't heard anything as of yet. Does anyone know if he is the correct person we should be addressing our concerns to for Mandela Way or is there someone else who might be able to assist as well? I'm sure poor Mr Phelan must be innundated with complaints at this point.

However, by not answering the phones, these people are forcing us and worse the elderly and people who are ill to go down to Mandela Way to collect the parcels that we are entitled to have re-delivered. This sounds like what these people want to happen to avoid basically answering phones and in turn doing the job they are paid to do. Now, if I have it wrong and every member of staff at this office is off sick or thus deployed to another post then the very least they could do is have an answer phone stating this and allowing people to leave a message with instructions on having parcels redelivered.
Monday 4 October 2004 9.50am
this has always been how the collections at Mandela Way worked. Last year I had the misfortune to get one of those cards, and dialled the number for around 2 hours (ok, I was at work), then the need for the parcel became urgent and I had to get a cab down to Mandela Way.

While I was there, I pointed out that the phone wasn't being answered, and suggested they weren't answering it or it was broken and they should check it out. The rather brusque postman on the counter laughed at me and suggested I called the number on my mobile then so he could show me that it worked... it rang on the phone right in front of him. Do they just ignore it or leave it off the hook?

I've tried again to do this recently, still no answer on that phoneline.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: