Topnotch Gym

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 4 October 2004 2.26pm
I know there was discussion here last year about this gym, but I have just joined on a three month membership and I wonder if anyone else is a member there now and what do you think? I have 2 months to decide if I want to keep on with them.

My initial reaction is that the staff, while cordial, are not terribly useful, but the facilities are clean and good and it's not overcrowded.

They told me that they are under new management so perhaps the dark days are a thing of the past? I am hoping this is the case because the location is perfect for me, halfway between my walk from home to the office!

Monday 4 October 2004 3.13pm
I've been a member for nearly 3 years now, and although I've agreed with a few of the issues that have been raised on here, in general I've found the staff, especially the trainers and instructors really helpful and friendly.

Plus, haven't found an alternative in the area that offers the same facilities, even if the pool is only marginally larger than a duckpond. But they're doing it up as well, which can't be a a bad thing.
Monday 4 October 2004 4.35pm
Agree with Nancy. It seems to hang on to the fanatics without alienating the rest of us - so a good mix. Hopefull the new management and some investment will address the weaker issues like the somewhat distant staff and breakdown of jacuzzi and sauna. Improving the r eliability of the pool is a good start.
cml
Monday 4 October 2004 10.02pm
I used to be a member at TN Waterloo before it was shutdown - had a brief spell at Seven Islands which is in a pretty bad way - machines broken, not enough lockers and very busy - I don't think there's much else around so I'm going to percivere at London Bridge - bought a years membership - which you can put on hold if your circumstances change for upto a year I think - that could be useful..
Wednesday 6 October 2004 12.31pm

I have not heard of a 'persevere' gym by London Bridge. Perhaps I am reading your post wrong? Where is it? Are you happy there so far?

=pen=
Wednesday 6 October 2004 6.29pm
Best way to tone up is keep a couple of dumb-bells and an exercise mat by the telly and wave them around while
watching a film and do your sit-ups etc;. It's amazing how much easier and how much you can achieve when
distracted by radio or tv. Gyms are for posers. Go through your routine every night before bed and you'll get a
great nights sleep and get great results.
Wednesday 6 October 2004 8.04pm

Thanks for the advice but I already know that I love going to a gym, I am just looking to pick the right one. I don't find it difficult or feel a need for distration in order to stay on track. Also, I have not got a sauna or a rowing machine or a climbing wall at home, nor do I have a television. But if your way works for you that's grand. High impact Pulp Fiction. You may be on to something.

=pen=
Thursday 7 October 2004 9.55am
PenFish wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > I have not heard of a 'persevere' gym by London
> Bridge. Perhaps I am reading your post wrong?
> Where is it? Are you happy there so far?
>
> =pen=

I'd assumed cml meant he was going to persevere with Top Notch at London Bridge.

Thursday 7 October 2004 10.15am
Penfish, have you looked at Fitness Exchange under Cottons, London Bridge. I have been a member for 3 years and use the gym, pool, sauna and steam room. Staff seem frindly and polite and with a 20m pool that is under used off peek it has my vote. No climbing wall or other contempory fitness aids though
Friday 8 October 2004 9.20pm
I can not believe I thought that cml was talking about a gym called 'Percevere'. Duh!

And yes, I did look at Fitness Exchange. I chose Topnotch because the tour was done better and I felt it was a somewhat less corporate and therefore a friendlier environment. The pool is not a draw for me.

Thanks all.

=pen=
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: