Hair Salon - Affordable Highlights?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 4 October 2004 10.34pm
Hi all :c). Can anyone recommend a salon in SE1 that does affordable cuts and highlights? I'm getting a basic layer cut so I'm not too worried about that, but don't want to come out looking like the Bride of Frankenstein. (I've never had highlights before so new to all this). Thanks in advance.
Tuesday 5 October 2004 12.44am
Hi
Why not try the Tony and Guy school on Stamford street. Do not be afraid as it will be a trainee hairdresser doing your hair, but they will be fully supervised and take alot more care than some hairdressers that have been doing it for years. I have just been back for the third time and had highlights after being a brunette for about 10 years and I can honestly say they were the best highlights I have ever had. May I please also state that I am a fully trained hairdresser myself who trained with another famous firm but am not working in that field anymore. The only thing I will warn you is to allow a whole morning or afternoon if you go there as they have to be assessed at every stage.
Go for it.....blonde is good. Hope this helps.
Jac
Tuesday 5 October 2004 10.19am
Revival on Tower Bridge Road get my vote. A small independant hairdressers owned by the two stylist Dee and Alison who work there. I have highlights done there a few times, necessary to hide my fast multplying grey hairs and have always been happy with the results.
Tuesday 5 October 2004 10.38am
Thanks Ladies, I thought I'd try Toni and Guy but they were fully booked for this week (and I'm going away in a week) so decided to give Savana's on Blackfriar's Road a go. I'll let you know how it goes!
Tuesday 5 October 2004 12.35pm
Studio 109 in Abbey Street is also good

Wednesday 6 October 2004 12.24pm
Hi

I'm concious of libel laws so all I'm saying is .........

I try to support my local shops but I shall not be returning to The Salon on Great Suffolk Street (even after I'm in a position to leave the house again without my high visibility jacket coloured hair frightening wildlife)

I wish I had waited for an appointment with Peter at Peter & Co (was known as Go West) at 18 Camberwell Road (down Walworth Road towards Camberwell) as people I know with unscary hair have recommended it to me.

easyrecall
Friday 8 October 2004 11.25am
Just got back from my appointment and got a lovely cut. I decided to forgo the highlights as I've got loads of natural highlights (brought out by the cut). So, can't report on highlights at Savanna's but can say that the staff are very friendly, hair looks great and I'll be returning next time.
Sunday 10 October 2004 10.22pm
id go to the cut studio on waterloo road
ken and his team are great there and id say the best in SE1.. VERY good value too.
Monday 11 October 2004 9.08am
I have been using Revival in Tower Bridge Road for the past 5 years, regularly every six weeks for my cut, and a few times a year for my hightlights. I would highly recommend this salon, the owners Alison & Dee are very friendly and will give advice.
th
Monday 11 October 2004 10.07am
Roughly how much is a cut and dry at Revival?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: