Sale of Tower Bridge Centre

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 5 October 2004 10.16am
I notice that the Tower Bridge Centre of Lambeth College in Tooley St. is now "Under Offer". Does anyone know who is interested in buying it and what sort of cultural / educational use it is likely to be put to?
Tuesday 5 October 2004 9.17pm
I have heard it suggested that the new Supreme Court might be located in Southwark - could it be being acquired for them?
Tuesday 5 October 2004 10.32pm
Don't think it's very likely - the DCA identified five possible sites for the new Supreme Court - now down to two - neither of which are in Southwark.

There is a link to the latest from Hansard here

Doesn't mean they aren't looking in Southwark too, of course, but I think the new wing of Somerset House is the current favourite candidate.
Sunday 24 October 2004 7.14pm
Anyone know anything more about who may be buying the site?

I see that Berkeley Homes are advertising one of their SE16 developments:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 25 October 2004 12.35pm
and whether that idea of moving Towerbridge and Snowsfield (?) schools to the site and letting the developers have those schools' buildings is still on the cards.
Wednesday 1 December 2004 9.35pm
Have just heard that a definite possibility is that Tower Bridge Centre could become a hostel - but definitely not flats!
Thursday 2 December 2004 10.44am
Not wishing to be naive, but what exactly is a "hostel"?
Thursday 2 December 2004 11.29am
michaelmacgregor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have just heard that a definite possibility is
> that Tower Bridge Centre could become a hostel -
> but definitely not flats!

Seems very unlikely for the main Edwardian (?) building with its massive rooms. Could this be a temporary use for the 1920s(?) dark red brick neo-Georgian building closer to Tower Bridge Road???
Friday 3 December 2004 11.53pm
I'm only reporting what the guy at Kalmars told me...
Friday 10 December 2004 1.44pm
Rather strangely, I walked past the building today and saw signs up for the contruction company, together with Endemol - the TV production company behind Fame Academy and Big Brother! Will try and find out more, as I work in the 'biz'.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: