Smoke - a London Particular (magazine)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 7 October 2004 8.55am
This tiny quarterly magazine has just brought out its fourth edition. I have no connection with this quirky periodical except as a subscriber and I want others to read it and to see what they think.
It has all sorts of articles about the capital, such as Bus Route of the Month and London's Campest Statues. This month there was a piece by a woman who obviously knows Long Lane. I don't know what bookshops sell the mag, but people could try the website smokelondon
Thursday 7 October 2004 9.44am
Hi

I've bought the magazine a couple of times and found it to be a good read (no, I don't have any connection with it either). It seems to be a particularly 'London' mag, which I think I wouldn't have appreciated if I hadn't lived in this city for as long as I have (if that makes sense). I buy it from the books etc in Hays Galleria.

John
Thursday 7 October 2004 11.02am

i have bought this but not read it yet - it sits on the windowsill - maybe look at it tonight.
Friday 8 October 2004 2.29pm
As with others, no connection, but find it an enjoyable read. Tlön books (no connection to them either) in E&C shopping centre had several copies yesterday at 2 a throw.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: