SE1 Launderettes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 10 October 2004 5.18am
OK, big problem - my washing machine has broken down & I can't find a Launderette! The one on TBR has closed (which I knew) my pal said there was one by the Beehive (which there isn't & apparently never has been!) & when I Googled Yellow pages it gave me 1 - in The Cut at Waterloo (way too far to trog with a large plastic bag!) does anyone know of a Launderette close-ish to Bricklayers Arms roundabout? I'm supposed to be going on holiday next week and at this rate it will be in my Pyjamas!
Sunday 10 October 2004 8.09am
There's one in Harper road that I used to use. A bit closer is the one in OKR, near the junction of Mina road, but it's a bit untidy looking (to say the least)
Sunday 10 October 2004 8.59am
2 in Long Lane
Monday 11 October 2004 9.38am
If you need your washing machine fixing try Cooks Electrical Services (Camberwell( T 020 7703 8781. My washing machine broke down, got their details from this site, came the next day, tested it and charged only £20.00. Incidentally, it could've been repaired by Cooks but the man said I might get a year out of it so it probably wasn't worth it! He turned down business!! How honest is that!!
Monday 11 October 2004 1.10pm
just beware one of the laundrettes on Long Lane - I left a wash there last year, and they melted a number of items - quite a feat when I thought most of the stuff was at least 80% natural fibres! They also made a mess of a set of curtains - told us they had been washed and dried (even though they were actually meant to dry clean them) and then when we opened the bags a few days later, it turned out they hadn't been dried either...not a pretty sight!
Tuesday 12 October 2004 1.02am
Thanks for the advice Julie but the motor has blown so I'm going to have to get a new (or at least reconditioned) one when I get back.
I'll give one on Long Lane a go (& don't worry Claire, I'll wait there & do it myself!)
Tuesday 12 October 2004 12.39pm

I use the one on Long Lane opposite Valentines Pub and have never had any trouble!
Tuesday 12 October 2004 2.44pm
there also one one abbey street, off tower bridge road - its good, good machines and service wash too!
Tuesday 12 October 2004 2.45pm
there also one one abbey street, off tower bridge road -
its fine, good machines and service wash too!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: