DHL are just as bad as the Royal Mail

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 12 October 2004 11.08am

possibly even worse - you can get through to speak to a customer service bod easily enough, but they won't re-direct my parcel which the insist on trying to deliver between 10 and 6 (when I am in the office and not at home). Cretins.

Thursday 14 October 2004 9.22am
My passport was delivered through SMS (Special Mail Services). They attempted delivery about 6 times before it was delivered, each time saying it had been 'unsuccessful' but not explaining how. We have a 24-hour concierge sat at a desk downstairs, so the 'couldn't get a signature' excuse doesn't wash. And to think they made money from each 0870 phonecall I made to arrange delivery ... disgusting.
Thursday 14 October 2004 11.36am
DHL & TNT will redirect parcels but the instruction has to come from the account holder so talk to whoever sent the parcel, they will give the instruction after confirmation from you that you will pay for the redirection - which is fair. You then argue with the sender that you will cancel the order unless they pick up the tab for the excess. You win but lots of hastle. Best bet is that you tell the sender when placing your order that you want delivery between 10 and 12 at your place of work. It does work

With something as important as a passport - if its your passport you must sign for it - would you like it if your concierge was allowed to sign for your credit card?
Thursday 14 October 2004 10.00pm
Actually, my experience of SMS is that the courier (this time *with* credit card didn't even try. Email to say it was coming; I stayed it; another email to say I hadn't been there Repeated three times. Finally, letter to MD established that he had found a similar address in E3 and had been there (he said...)
I'm a mild-mannered person, but I did use some ecceliastical language that day.
Friday 15 October 2004 11.01pm
The concierge has signed for credit and debit cards before - I have no problem with that. At some point, someone at SMS told me to leave a (current, and active) debit card with the concierge as proof of ID so that they could sign for the passport. Now that I disagree with.
Saturday 16 October 2004 9.11am
this could help explain the SMS delivery story...

I have had nightmares about cards being delivered by this company.

Recently after several attempts to deliver (during work hours when I'm not there of course!)
and not leaving a card (call centre even asked how I knew delivery had been attempted, to which I
added my card was due to expire and I simply called my bank and they told me DUH! and then the best bit
added after this was mentioned... 'we sometimes don't leave a card and try and deliver again'...Hmm!
sorry this goes on a bit... but having then re-delivered to a local bank branch they proceeded to
try to deliver outside of bank hours, by which time over a weekend my old card had expired
...and so had I...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: