Anti Social Behaviour

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 13 October 2004 10.58am
Location: At the bus stop on Tanner Street (close to Tooley Steet)

There are few kids gathing at around 8am - running on the street, swearing and throwing empty bottles to the cyclist/bus. It is very dangerous and might lead to serious injury. Anyone who sees this situation please join in me to stop the gang - but take extra careful and don't take action when you are alone.

I have reported this case to Southwark council and to the police. HOwever the email of the police station is not working. I am wondering if someone can give me advise on how to report the case to relative organisation. We've got to stop it.
Wednesday 13 October 2004 12.44pm
Get your camera out if poss. very handy if they are wearing school uniform...have you tried phoning Tower Bridge Police station direct?
Wednesday 13 October 2004 3.33pm
Hi
i would telephone the school if you recognise the uniform or guess where they are going.
I don't think it is the school's responsibilty to bring order to the streets or suchlike
However, they could give a reminder at assembly that some "high jinks" (like smashing bottle against vehicles) can be very frightening to people
I don't mean to patronise you (these kids could be very aggressive for all I know) but its worth remembering that sometimes kids have no idea how threatening or upsetting their behaviour
I remember when the logic of "if I don't throw litter, street sweepers will be out of a job" made 100% logic in the growth hormone addled brains of some my teenage friends.
easyrecall
Thursday 14 October 2004 12.40am
Have you considered exterminating them?
Thursday 14 October 2004 11.08am
I will take my digital camera with me and post the pictures if I see them doing it again. Thank you all for your enthusiasm - we need to make our living environment a better and safer place.

I emailed Met police but the email was returned. I will give the police a call (called yesterday but was held in a queue).

Maybe I am a foreigner and I really can't tolerate this! They put everyone in risk.
Sunday 24 October 2004 6.40pm
There's quite a few kids like that around.... I was walking along Shad Thames yesterday, saw two 12-year olds on one bike - the boy standing on the back was knocking over the All Bar One pub sign, swearing at people, etc.... If I'd been on a bike too, I might have caught up with them for a little "chat".

We should all try and stop this sort of behaviour.... it just makes people feel threatened.

cheers
Sunday 24 October 2004 8.05pm
I have spent quite a lot of time over the past four months trying to bid for regeneration funding for play equipment for 5-14 year olds. There is none at the moment in Archbishops Park, the play space at Millennium Green is locked at weekends and much of the rest of the week, whilst Jubilee Gardens is mainly for younger kids and very busy.

Though there is 19 million to help combat deprivation in this area, this bid has been turned down. We can have stuff for joggers, and Lambeth say that they plan to bid next year for a new and expensive football pitch. But play ground equipment....no.

People moan about kids hanging around street corners, or on estates. But till we give them a space they can have, they don't have anywhere to go.

I find it heartbreaking.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: