Fitness First Walworth Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
MPM
Thursday 11 July 2002 2.08pm
Has anyone ever been to this club? It\'s in a pretty grim area but is more convenient for me than any of the big City clubs. Is Fitness First ok in general? I\'m happy to join a gym on the cheap - just looking for a treadmill and some classes basically. But living in the area, i can\'t really imagine who goes there.
D
Thursday 11 July 2002 3.00pm
I went for a free induction and found it to be ok.
The receptionist did look a bit sweaty and was blatantly sitting there munching on a greasy chinease take away.

When I came out to talk to the reception about possibly joing, I was waiting for about 3 minutes because noone was to be seen, so I just walked out. I've joined Top Notch at London Bridge. The only reason I find it better there is because it has a pool.
Monday 15 July 2002 10.31am
I've used FF on Walworth Road a few times and found it to be absolutely excellent (even if the receptionists can be a bit gloomy...). The equipment is brand new and top notch stuff, the changing facilities are excellent, the saunas & steamrooms are lovely. I've done classes there, and they're great: friendly instructors, good for any ability. And the good thing about FF is you get to use any of their branches. the other members seem to be nice too: certainly more friendly than in other clubs I've been to. So, before I start sounding like I actually work for them (I don't!) I'd say: do it!
Dav
Monday 15 July 2002 1.29pm
My flat mate uses all the time and says the faciities are good - despite the area feeling a bit dodge. Not too many meat heads and FF do good prices.

If you are really cheap I have heard that if you join outside London then use one down here, this can save you 5-10 per month compared to the London prices.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: