Remember remember the 5th of november, where are the fireworks?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 27 October 2004 7.39pm
Hi one and all,

Being a rather large child, I looooove bonfires and fireworks and just wondered if anyone has seen any advertised for friday 5th November in the SE1 area.

I`m looking forward to waving my sparklers and eating chips out of the paper so lets hope SE1 doesn`t dissapoint!

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 27 October 2004 9.13pm by James Hatts.
Wednesday 27 October 2004 7.44pm
There is usually a good one (laid on by Southwark Council) in Southwark Park at around 7-8pm.

Edited to say - I missed the link slap bang on the front of Southwark's website...doh...

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 27 October 2004 7.46pm by Siduhe.
Wednesday 27 October 2004 7.46pm
Of course there are the Lord Mayor's Show fireworks coming up on 13 November too.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 27 October 2004 9.05pm
Some very lucky people will have a view of all the London Fireworks from London's Living Room at City Hall while supping drinkies...

[A "still confused as to how he got invited" but shamelessly immodest LR moves invitation more prominently in front of Tang vase on the mantelshelf of Rabbie Towers]
Friday 5 November 2004 6.14pm
Siduhe wrote:
> There is usually a good one (laid on by Southwark
> Council) in Southwark Park at around 7-8pm.

So Live So Southwark - Fireworks Night

Friday November 5 2004, 6 to 8pm
Southwark Park

Enter via gates on Southwark Park Road, Jamaica Road or Hawkstone Road.

The event begins at the Hawkstone Road car park with an enchanting lantern procession through Southwark Park.

Then congregate next to the Victorian bandstand to watch some amazing fire-driven street theatre and live bands, culminating in a spectacular firework display above the bandstand.

Please use public transport as there is no parking available. The nearest stops are:

Tube - Canada Water, Bermondsey and Surrey Quays
Buses - P13, 1, 47, 188, 225, 381.

Friday 5 November 2004 11.34pm
Anyone go to Southwark Park? It sounds good.
Saturday 6 November 2004 4.45pm
Hi guys,

we went to the southwark park fireworks and they were excellent!
highly recommended for next year!

Tuesday 9 November 2004 12.12pm

I went to the bonfire and fireworks at Brockham at the weekend:

And it was really good! Interesting too to see the 'countryside' up close (as opposed to from a train or a motorway) and very leafy. Locals all a bit inbred though ("hey, look, six fingers - all the better to catch my cousin with")
Tuesday 9 November 2004 1.15pm
I searched high and low for news of fireworks displays in the Borough area. It seemed there were none.

So I was pretty peeved when I saw a bunch of massive fireworks going off outside my kitchen window - but only to find it was the national lottery display outside the Tate. It lasted all of three minutes.

Ah well - maybe next year they'll do someting for us poor residents who don't live in the burbs?
Tuesday 9 November 2004 1.30pm
There is the small matter that there probably isn't an open space in Borough which is large enough to meet current safety requirements on distance from spectators for a really impressive fireworks display!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: