Organic veg box - interested?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 28 October 2004 12.46pm
picked up a leaflet from Dulwich Park caff about Riverford Organics and made enquiries but they currently need more interest in the SE1 area before they can extend their deliveries here

http://www.riverford.co.uk/en/

their food is really fresh, coming as it does overnight from Devon rather than the other side of the globe, via several distribution hubs. Boxes are 7 to 12 quid. If you're interested call them on 01803 762720 and register interest and maybe soon they can start to deliver.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 28 October 2004 12.58pm by James Hatts.
Thursday 28 October 2004 3.31pm
There are several other organic delivery companies already serving SE1

Greenwich Organics - based in Greenwich
Inner City Organics - based in Stockwell/Brixton
Fieldfare
Abel & Cole

(and is Green Ventures in Camberwell still operating - they accepted payment in LETS credits at one point!)

Although competition can often be a good thing, surely from an ecological perspective it would be better for one of these established drivers to get more drop-off points in the area.
Thursday 28 October 2004 4.02pm
oops LR sorry for not being aware of the others and stepping on toes. I thought the forum was about sharing new information. In my ideal world, there would be sufficient demand for many of these companies to operate simultaneously in London as they have limited supply. I was just trying to increase demand.
Thursday 28 October 2004 4.09pm
good idea lagse1. LR was just being helpful too and pointing out the other alternatives already available.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: