Jam Factory

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
sarah
Monday 25 June 2001 8.32am
I was asked directions last night by someone looking for the Jam Factory Theatre in Green Street. I could only assume that it was something to do with the Harlteys building but he was on Tooley Street and adamant that it was between London Bridge and Tower Bridge. Does anyone know of a theatre down there? I know that the Harlteys factory was used in the past by film companies.
Matt
Monday 25 June 2001 9.59am
The Jam factory is located on Rothsay street (Second on the right heading from Bermondsey Market towards the roundabout). There is a superb production on at the moment that is worth seeing and is quite different!!!
Regards
Matt
sarah
Tuesday 26 June 2001 2.50pm
I'm intrigued .... enlighten me, whereabouts on Rothesay Street?
Matt
Wednesday 27 June 2001 10.15am
As you walk up Rothsay street from tower bridge road (i.e heading east) there are a couple of sliding door on the left hand side of the road opposite a housing estate which is the entrance. You will see a building sight adjoining it. If you stand on the north side of the pavement you can see the tower/chimney which says Hartleys on it. There is a website (www.jamfactory.co.uk) although it appears to be about the development of the sight (I saw a planning application to put about 100 flats there). I think the theatre is just a temporary thing. The production is called Mincemeat by the Cardboard Citizens (I think it has started by homeless people)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: