David Morley

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
gii
Thursday 4 November 2004 4.51pm
Is anyone from the forum attending the memorial for the man murdered on the South Bank
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1241

I am surprised that this hasn't come up as a topic of discussion before.
I first read about these muggings a while back and now that someone is murdered it
looks like something will be done.
After surviving the Admiral Duncan bombing as well - some sort of sick cosmic joke.
Friday 5 November 2004 1.07am
I am hopeful that since this has had such a high profile in the media, and that suspects have been arrested already, it will send out a clear message that both hate-crime and violent robbery will not be tolerated and that those who commit it will not get away with it. It is appaling that in this day and age, in supposedly tolerent central London, that this can happen. People should not be ruled by small mined, ignorant thugs, let alone have their lives ended by them. The South Bank has always felt like a safe place to me, and I hope it will return to being so.
Friday 5 November 2004 5.06pm
My parter and I will be attending the memoral procession.... I do hope that loads of other people will do the same....!!!
Saturday 6 November 2004 1.07pm
from what i heard on the radio, there were 5,000 people there. I think the response has been comforting. Most Londoners want the tolerant city we enjoy to remain just that.
Saturday 6 November 2004 1.50pm
I imagine the lawyer for anyone taken to court over this will describe his/her client as a misunderstood
and deeply troubled person who endured a tormented childhood, was dropped on their head as a baby
and is in no way responsible for their actions.
Sunday 7 November 2004 10.33am
This from BBC News

Trio charged over barman killing | 07/11/2004 |
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3989521.stm
Police charge three teenagers with the murder of a gay barman who survived the Soho nail bomb.
Sunday 7 November 2004 10.49am
The story on this site has more details on the charges and was up before the BBC's

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1247

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 8 November 2004 12.25pm
shouldn't the dates on this story on the news page read October, not November? (apart from upcoming court appearance..)
Monday 8 November 2004 1.54pm
Thanks - well spotted. Now corrected.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 9 November 2004 10.19am
I actually knew him as I was a regular in the Admiral Duncan for many years before moving up to Scotland. We all called him Cinders and I have the most wonderful photo that my aunt took at Soho pride last year of him wearing a full length ball gown, sitting on the window ledge above the pub with his feet dangling over the sign.

I got such a shock when I saw the report on the six o'clock news last week. Very sad indeed.

I still find it inconceivable that people can still do this to each other.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: