Accident Borough High Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 10 November 2004 3.53pm
15:30pm Wed 10th November
Paramedics and police tend motorcyclist after collision with van,

Wednesday 10 November 2004 4.10pm

ouff!! looks nasty :o(
Wednesday 10 November 2004 4.23pm
(as someone who "knows" that all car drivers are inherently evil and all people on two wheels are never in the wrong).....

It's hard to imagine how that car got where it is in the picture without some seriously weird manouevering (too lazy to check spelling - sorry)

[Phoney,

I can't guarantee blood and broken bones, so this may not be too attractive, but will we see you and your camera at the cider pressing this weekend??]

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 10 November 2004 4.28pm
I would imagine that the car has been moved out of the way of traffic, since the incident, otherwise that really is quite an odd position to end up in!

(I will be bringing my digital camera, and my 35mm)
Wednesday 10 November 2004 4.57pm
Don't think so Jon. Unless they've moved the casualty as well (and decided to leave the bike in the middle of the road).

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 10 November 2004 5.22pm
The van says Repro Image on the side.

That is the copying company in Bedale Street (I seem to recall) and therefore I deduce that it was turning in left from Borough High Street. I know that most collisions with bicycles (and presumably motorbikes/scooters) are from the side - and so I conclude that the bike and the van were both travelling North up Borough High Street (bike quite possibly coming up on the left of the Van - and possibly again into his blind spot) - when the van turned left hitting the bike. However, the driver veered to the right at the last minute, in an attempt to avoid the impact - hence his position on the far side of the road.

"take this bus to 221b Baker St. please"

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10 November 2004 5.26pm by red bus.
Wednesday 10 November 2004 6.35pm
Extraordinary Holmes, were you driving the van?
Wednesday 10 November 2004 6.40pm
I didn't see the accident as I just came out of the underground, but the position of the van suggests
a possible scenario is the Repro van jumped the lights from St Thomas's St and tried to cross over to
Bedale St and was hit on the side by the motor bike coming up Borough High St.

Ivanhoe, I'm one of those people who becomes legless after 3 pints, so I very rarely drink.

I take all photos at Super High Quality or HQ, --usually between 500kb and 1mb --
and when I resize them using Camedia Master to make them suitable for posting here, they
lose a lot of clarity. I suppose that's inevitable from 500kb to 50kb. What software does anyone
recommend to maintain the best quality?
Wednesday 10 November 2004 8.46pm
I have used Camedia master and Photoshop, and Photoshop seems better at resizing prints (and making them much smaller, memory-wise) without losing the clarity.

Thursday 11 November 2004 1.10pm
phoney, as your picture well shows, the van has a crumpled bonnet rather than a dent in the side, although I think the van was comming out of St Thomas Street, tried to go straight over into the market (even though its a left turn only, whilst the bike was comming up Borough high street, trying to turn right into St Thomas street and hence the head on (the lights would be green both sides) (the van probably continued a little further across the road post impact). My 2 cents anyway.... and this is not the first time either here, there was a bike crash about a year ago, rough same thing, except the car hit the lamp post in front of Sterling Akroyd (behind and left of the policewomen, first pic)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: