Men's haircuts - prices, recommendations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Thursday 11 November 2004 12.37am
Obvioulsly new to the area (and the city as such) or I wouldnt be asking this - can you recommend any good places to get a men's cut?
Now, it does get more complicated - i cant stand my hair being cut with a machine (those trimmers) so id like to have it cut by someone who can operate scissors and actually do what I want him/her to do. Obviously, Tony & Guy would be a choice, but I'm willing to have an open mind so I'd like some recommendations. I am one of those people who know exactly what they want (thats because if i dont get that, i really look like an idiot because i have weird hair and even stranger head shape) and dont like walking out of a place without getting exactly that so i need hair stylists that can deliver. Properly.

What places would you recommend and what are the prices? Can "barbers" do that or do they only do the simple "sit-machinetrim-walk out" thing?

thanx!
Thursday 11 November 2004 10.07am
I saw this site yesterday. It's for a barbers in Wimbledon - a little out of the way I know (although only a short train ride from Waterloo), but this is the only barbers I know of where you get to sit on a Chesterfield, drink beer, watch plasma screens and surf the net while you have your barnet done...
Thursday 11 November 2004 10.43am
Tommy Gun on Beak St in Soho are good. That's where I used to go before I left London.
They charge about 32 for a gent's or ladie's cut.
Thursday 11 November 2004 1.00pm

Jacks has a great website - i don't really have enough hair to go there but it really looks fun!
Thursday 11 November 2004 2.46pm
I'd recommend George on Bermondsey Street to you except I have no idea if he can meet your exacting standards! He's cheap and efficient, an old-style barber. I just go in and tell him to cut it, and he cuts it. 10.00.
Thursday 11 November 2004 6.36pm
I would strongly recommend Kardos on Tower Bridge Road, next to the Lebanese Fruit and Veg shop. Ask for Nero and he cuts hair perfectly for 8 pounds! I must admit that I am slightly biased because Nero is Dutch, like myself, but then again I would never have my hair cut by a Dutchman if he didn't do it well.
Sal
Friday 12 November 2004 12.21pm
My partner has his cut there to Maurits, it's a really nice cut. Well recommended.
Friday 12 November 2004 12.42pm

I always get my hair cut in Kardos.
Have never had a bad experience there yet!
Saturday 13 November 2004 12.03pm
I've been using Kardos for three years and I hate barbers: "Arsenal/Millwall/Chelsea were lucky the other night..." etc etc.

At kardos they can talk football, but would rather jaw politics (They're mainly kurds). All the time I've been going it has been 8. I asked wasn't it about time they put the prices up. They said no, because it would drive away trade. Fantastic.

As I said, it's a great little part of Tower Bridge Road. The Lebanese deli is fantastic, talk about open all hours.

Sometimes on a Saturday they sell what look like home made delicacies. Never mind Borough Market, check out their olives... KEEP IT LOCAL.
DHW
Sunday 14 November 2004 5.14pm
Kardos is aweful! I went there once and the guys burnt my scalp with the trimmer. Worst hair cut of my life. George isn't too bad, but is an old style barber. 'SE1' on Bermondsey Street is a good place too, but you will pay for the service.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: