The Golden Chopsticks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 11 November 2004 10.39am
Well if you hadnt noticed, the golden chopsticks is going to be a Chicken Cottage ( you know like a cheaper version of kfc)

I had walked into the costcutter next door and said to the man on the counter who i know enough to have a chat to

i Said
" how the bloody hell did they allow that chicken place to open''
he said
''dont you like it''

''no i used to like the golden chopsticks and this is just going to encourage kids to hang around''

''oh it belongs to us''

''doh''

he also tells me that they are going to be taking over the mobile phone shop just up the road.

Thursday 11 November 2004 1.40pm
I notice on Westminster Bridge Road a long vacant restaurant is becoming Chicken Palace - clearly a cut above a Chicken Cottage ! The names of these KFC rip-offs always make me laugh. http://badgas.co.uk/chicken/ has many many amusing examples.
Thursday 11 November 2004 3.24pm
good find that link was very funny :)
Friday 12 November 2004 6.04pm
What a dismal, depressing addition to Tooley Street! I bet the newer businesses in the area are well chuffed to see this chicken-flogging cack appearing. I know you shouldn't wish for the downfall of a legitimate new business, but just this once I will.

I hope they go bust.
Friday 12 November 2004 11.24pm
Agree with you. Have to admit that a Chicken Cottage makes me physically wrech whenever I go past one...:(
Monday 22 November 2004 12.30am
Good link. LOL
Will miss the Golden Chopsticks though, they did good won ton soup!
JQL
Tuesday 23 November 2004 7.20pm
Jonathan K Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a dismal, depressing addition to Tooley
> Street! I bet the newer businesses in the area
> are well chuffed to see this chicken-flogging cack
> appearing. I know you shouldn't wish for the
> downfall of a legitimate new business, but just
> this once I will.
>
> I hope they go bust.

Unfortunately this is not a legitimate business. They were turned down for planning permission down the road at 134 Tooley Street so they did not bother seeking planning permission this time. They ripped out the shop-front and put in a hideous blue and glass thing. This is out of order as Tooley Street is a conservation area and of course so much money has been spent doing up the place. The planners have written to them to complain about this but they have just ignored them. The awful illuminated signs are also illegal but they don't seem to care and believe that they are exempt from planning considerations.

I agree that is is a dismal and depressing addition to Tooley Street and what is worse is that they don't have permission to do it.

I hope they go bust and cannot believe that they have another shop in the pipeline...which mobile phone shop is it? Busby communications?
Tuesday 23 November 2004 8.58pm
JQL, I was wondering how on earth they would get planning permission for a hot-food takeaway in that spot - not only does it stick out like a sore thumb it is immediately next to a new residential block, not to mention lots of other homes both private and local authority.

Where did you find out about the planning matters?

I just found these contact details below, I will call them and let the board know what they say.

Planning enquiry service
Tel: 020 7525 5403
Chiltern
Portland Street
London SE17 2ES.
Opening hours: 10am to 4pm

Wednesday 24 November 2004 12.12am
Assuming the Golden Chopsticks was a food place then there's no change of use (as I understand it - A3 zoning). So there might be little that can be done by complaining to planning - that said there's no harm in trying. It all goes in the ears of the planning officers - you might not stop that particular one but a few local voices could help influence another similar decision where there is a proposed change of classification.

(FYI I'd call myself an informed amatuer at best - anyone else know planning?)
Wednesday 24 November 2004 11.14am
My prediction? Hilton's team of crack heavyweight lawyers will have the place shut down very shortly. I cannot see the allowing this noxious place to co-exist beside their shiny new hotel.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: