Closure of pedestrian bridge over St Saviours Wharf

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 17 July 2002 11.59am
Decided to take a leisurely walk home from walk last night along the river
(I live in SE16) but came to an abrupt halt because of the closure of the bridge near to the Design Museum, due to development of more luxury flats.

There was no apology, just a small map showing the alternative route along Shad Thames and Jamaica Rd.

Does anyone know how long this route is going to be closed for? Must be highly inconvenient for many people!
Thursday 18 July 2002 10.13am
I believe it is until early September. I'm not sure if it is to do with Tea Trade Wharf being developed or the bridge being ready for repair. I shall miss looking at the ducks, coots and geese. I think I even saw a Grebe there once.
Sunday 21 July 2002 8.24am
Highly inconvenient for all those who walk to work along the river too! As you say, no prior warning given and no information as to when it will re-open.
Does anyone have a contact name/no for those in-charge of pedestrian bridge?
Monday 22 July 2002 9.48am
Yes that includes me! - have just read my original mail which has an error - I was also walking back from work.
Monday 22 July 2002 11.09am
There were small notices put up at either end of the bridge at the end of June and I got a leaflet through my door. I shall have a look tonight to see if I still have the leaflet, though I don't think it had any telephone numbers on it.
Thursday 25 July 2002 4.54pm
Spoke to relevant people in Southwark Council today. The walkway and bridge are closed for approx. eight weeks. Permission was sought and granted by Carrillion who is the Developer of the site next to the bridge.
Wednesday 30 October 2002 4.36pm
In case anyone is wondering, this has been open again for about 2 wweks

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: