A Seasonal Tale in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 12 November 2004 2.18pm

A Winters Tale to Warm your Heart...

So last night, I popped into the shop beside Borough Tube for some bread and juice (it's a great shop by the way). I left my bike propped up in the doorway to keep an eye on it and for extra security I locked the D-lock through the frame and rear wheel - who is going to steal a bike which you can't ride?

Well some thieving little rodent made off with it while I was in the back deciding between patterned or plain Bounty (I went for plain). And they must have been moving fast because when I saw that the bike wasn't in the door I rushed out and couldn't see them at all.

Then along comes the Hero of the story - the helpful stranger. Sometimes more common in London than we think. Spotting a panic stricken shopper on the pavement he says “have you lost a yellow bike?” and tells me where the thief went - so we both rush off towards the nearby estate - Redman House. All very Holmes and Watson. And after a scouring of the estate it is discovered dumped in a dark corner behind a gate. I always talk about how I want someone to steal my old clunker of a bike so I can buy a new one (I fancy one of the new aluminium Konas with disc brakes - although I am not sure they do them in yellow?) but once I thought it was gone I felt miserable.

So the story has a happy ending, with me standing by my bike in the middle of the estate shouting “come out and show yourselves you thieving little ba****ds”, in victory.

So:

To Tim who helped, thank you, are a true gentleman.

To the residents of Redman House - apologies for the yelling.

To the little thief scumbag - thubpmbmbmpbbbpb (that's me blowing a raspberry)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 12 November 2004 2.20pm by red bus.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: