Boxing Day meal

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 16 November 2004 9.23am
Long shot, but my wifes birthday is on Boxing Day (nice) and I want to take her out for a meal- does anyone know anywhere that is open other than some Travelodge diner?
Anonymous User
Tuesday 16 November 2004 9.50am
Won't all hotel restaurants be open on Boxing Day? The Savoy, Calridges, The Ritz etc etc
Tuesday 16 November 2004 9.54am
An awful lot of restaurants are open on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Tuesday 16 November 2004 10.30am
For a start, try restaurants where the predominant culture isn't Christian. I reckon you'll notice little change from a non-Christmas night, if you go up the Edgware Rd for a Boxing Day meal, for example.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 16 November 2004 11.12am
Birdie is right - Boxing Day is a busy day for restaurants so book early to avoid disappointment
Sal
Tuesday 16 November 2004 12.01pm
The Thistle Hotel (north of Tower Bridge) is really nice on Boxing Day. If your lucky and get there early you get a table by the window, well nice!!!!
Thursday 2 December 2004 12.44pm
Mmm, I have tried about a dozen decent restaurants and they are all closed on Boxing Day...Am I missing something?
Thursday 2 December 2004 1.01pm
Have you tried The Connaught? 7499 7070. It is still arguably the best in town
Thursday 2 December 2004 6.11pm
Thanks, but trying to avoid hotel/plush type places- something a bit eclectic and romantic like Les Trois Garcons type stuff...
Thursday 2 December 2004 6.55pm
Chapters in Blackheath ? - you can go for a nice [romantic] walk across the heath afterwards, if the weather's nice [and that kind of thing floats your boat]

http://www.chaptersrestaurants.co.uk/chapter2_boxing_day.html

Edited to say, I have no connection etc, etc

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 2 December 2004 6.56pm by Siduhe.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network