Pubs in and around Elephant and Castle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Sal Thursday 18 November 2004 2.52pm
The Prince of Wales is nice when Maureen is working (11-7), she is a great person to have a drink with (and work). Tom and Maggie are great aswel and will make you feel welcome.
bmovie Thursday 18 November 2004 2.56pm
Sorry, your're completely right red bus - the Clyde is crap...pass it on
Siduhe Thursday 18 November 2004 3.08pm
Ditto the Royal Oak. I don't know why the Housemartin insists on promoting it. He is clearly connected to the management somehow.

As everyone knows, it is a bad pub, with poor beer, barely ok food and surly regulars.

[TFIC]

JonR Thursday 18 November 2004 3.11pm
And they don't sell cider! ;-)
Sal Thursday 18 November 2004 3.30pm
The Prince olf Wales does!!
Stan Thursday 18 November 2004 3.34pm
What make?
Ivanhoe Thursday 18 November 2004 3.46pm
Probably (not) the Welsh stuff that won the Camra medals this yr.

...if you press it, they will come.
janefs Thursday 18 November 2004 3.49pm
Before we get completely diverted onto the subject of cider for a change, I'd like to point out that the Royal Oak is not only a cr*p pub, it's also a long, steep walk from the Elephant.
Stan Thursday 18 November 2004 4.06pm
A long, steep walk from the Elephant? The Royal Oak in Whitecroft perhaps, but the one in Tabard Street is a very slow ten minute (at most) dawdle, and I'm puzzled as to the whereabouts of the steep bit.
janefs Thursday 18 November 2004 4.25pm
Stan, don't give the game away.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions