The Fort

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
Thursday 18 November 2004 8.11am
Does anyone know what the big blue building on Southwark Park Road (it may actually still be Grange Road by that stage) is? It's called The Fort and is next to that new block of flats. It's got the windows all covered up and looks like a some sort of private drinking club. I've seen a few short-haired, well dressed people going in (after a knock on the door, and being checked out through the spy-hole) so I'm assuming it's some sort of hang-out for like-minded men?
Thursday 18 November 2004 8.59am
According to my cousin who's a big S&M fan, I think that it's some sort of gay club of that particular style.
Thursday 18 November 2004 11.46am
A quick google search reveals they do have a slave-training night, but their most regular theme seems to be the "Boots only" parties.

http://www.boyz.co.uk describes it as London's sleaziest bar. (Check out the nightly listings on there if you want to know more about it.)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18 November 2004 11.46am by The Lady Miss Jo Jo.
Anonymous User
Thursday 18 November 2004 11.53am
Crikey - further proof that I live with my head in the clouds - I always tell visitors to get off the bus at "that closed down pub" The Fort on their way over!

Little did I know how exotic Southwark Park Road truly is!
Thursday 18 November 2004 3.48pm
Next time you'll have to say "tied down" instead, Birdie.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 18 November 2004 4.05pm
Pleased to see that the ex-fiancee can advise me on different dimensions of gay life in SE1.
Thursday 18 November 2004 4.07pm
Ex-fiancee? I can't keep up with you Maurits.
Thursday 18 November 2004 4.15pm
The Lady Miss Jo Jo and I have been engaged. That all came to an end because of another man.
Anonymous User
Thursday 18 November 2004 5.23pm
Maurits - did you actually pay The Lady Miss Jo Jo off as she requested or is she still waiting for her fiver? ;-)
Thursday 18 November 2004 6.15pm
I am actually still in debt.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network